Age of Grit

Kordanor

Wastelander
Just stumbled upon another recent Kickstarter project called Age of Grit.

It looks like a mixture of FTL and RPGs with a Firefly flair, set in a Wild West - Steampunk world.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iqsoup/age-of-grit-a-cowboy-steampunk-rpg

Imho the idea of this game seems nice, the graphics are cool, the music is cool, the combat didn't really convince me though.

However it's only 12$ to get the game. So I just pledged and hope for the best. ;)

Last edited:
I think this game looks like a great game and I'm surprised how it only has attracted a little over 300 backers so far. The steampunk / Western setting seems like a good one for an RPG, and it's always great to see any RPG that breaks away from the standard medieval fantasy fare. It's also nice that the Steampunk aspect is an integral part of the game (battles take place on steam-powered airships) and not merely an aesthetic style. Luckily the funding goal is very low and it looks like it will be met, but I feel this promising game should be ending up with at least $50K. Guess they're having trouble getting media attention because it isn't another 8-bit pixel platformer.

Hard to know what to make of it gameplay-wise when there's only concept art. But they're close to succeeding, so hopefully we'll see more down the road.

Back
Top Bottom