Kult: Heretic Kingdoms - Released on GOG

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
GOG now offers the ARPG Heretic Kingdoms: The Inquisition. Here are the details

Release: Heretic Kingdoms: The Inquisition

Release of the Beast.

Heretic Kingdoms: The Inquisition (also known as: Kult: Heretic Kingdoms), a sleek isometric fantasy action RPG with many interesting gameplay ideas, set in a vast gritty world deprived of hope, but filled with monsters and dangers, is available on GOG.com for only $5.99.

NOTICE:

GOG.com team would like to thank our users: IAmSinistar for finding the rights holder for Heretic Kingdoms and tfishell for passing on the information to us. Without your help, we wouldn't have the game today so thanks again for your assistance in making this release possible. This is why GOG.com community rocks, guys!
More information.

I own the retail version but I don't think I ever actually played it. The trailer didn't really make me want to promote it to the top of my backlog list. Still, it looked decent enough. A bit more ARPG than I remembered.

And ? Who actually holds the rights right now ? I'm really really curious.

Thank you. Never heard of them. How did they get it ?

Sometimes I believe that "rights" are something that's getting tossed around like a ball, then drowning in someone's garden pool, or rotting away in the cellar of an anti-ballgame misantropic neighbour …

Thank you. Never heard of them. How did they get it ?

Games Farm is what's left of the former Slovakian studio 3D People. Here is the reply from the other thread.
Hi crpgnut,

Great to hear from a fan of Kult - I don't encounter very many of those! :) I'm not sure of the situation with respect to rights for this one, and I have to be careful about what I say to you given non-disclosure agreements. There's something I'd very much like to tell you, but I had better bite my tongue for now.

The developer we worked with for that game, 3D People, is now a company called Games Farm:http://www.games-farm.com/# That's all I'm going to say.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Chris.
As you can see it looks like they did secure the rights.

Wow - when I saw that release on the RSS feed I was thrilled! I really enjoyed the game and definitely recommend it.

Is this similar to Divine Divinity or is it more of a Diablo clone?

I think of it as more story-driven, not as good as DivDiv, but not as mindless as the Diablo games. Smaller and more constrained than Divinity, but I enjoyed it.

I reviewed it here when it was originally released and I liked it.

Thumbs up from me too, but I hardly remember it now. Was fun enough to play to the end.

I vaguely remember something about weapons being done in a unique way?

I think of it as more story-driven, not as good as DivDiv, but not as mindless as the Diablo games. Smaller and more constrained than Divinity, but I enjoyed it.

Thanks. I managed to find a playable demo and tried it out. I like the art direction, but the game didn't pull me in enough to warrant a purchase.

I think I would have liked it more if there had been multiple characters to choose from. Being forced to play a female protagonist usually doesn't appeal to me.

I reviewed it here when it was originally released and I liked it.

It has a wonderful story and a likeable main character, but the gameplay mechanics are not on par with it.

It shows that the devs had an existing game engine and bought a story from a professional fantasy writer to put it into their game.

I'm on the cutting edge of ancient technology :) Glad to see this game get re-released. It's a decent game and the attunement system was pretty cool.

I started replaying on my old netbook and was reminded of how some games with fixed non-widescreen resolutions do virtual screen-scrolling. Oh well, the game is as fun as I remember, anyway!

Back
Top Bottom