WoW: Burning Crusade sales break records

txa1265

SasqWatch
Apparently the expansion sold more than 2.4 million copies in US and Europe within 24 hours of release ... according to Yahoo:

Blizzard Entertainment® today announced that World of Warcraft®: The Burning Crusade(TM) has broken the day-one sales record to become the fastest-selling PC game ever in North America and Europe, with a worldwide total of nearly 2.4 million copies sold in the first 24 hours of availability. The Burning Crusade, the first expansion set for World of Warcraft, was simultaneously released in North America, Europe, Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia on January 16, and on January 17 in Australia and New Zealand.

Blizzard had supplied more than 4 million game boxes to retailers worldwide, and more than 5,000 stores throughout the world had their doors open at midnight to welcome thousands of expectant players.

Day-one sales totals on both continents were similar, with an estimated total of nearly 1.2 million copies sold on the first day in North America and an estimated total of more than 1.1 million copies sold in Europe within the first 24 hours of launch(a). By the end of the first day of availability on both continents, a total of more than 1.7 million players had already logged in and upgraded World of Warcraft to play The Burning Crusade.

I saw that, man 2.4 millon in 24 hours.
I may have to play this one day. :)

suprise suprise! They got another winner

I got going on WOW again the other night, updated for hours, logged in, then promptly cancaled it the next day, thankfully before I decided to get BC. I just told my friends the truth - my heart just isnt in it anymore.

Maybe one day it'll be again, but for now the MMO show is over for this Tiger.

A friend gave me the free 1 month trial and I played it for about 2 weeks.

I'll never understand what so many people see in that game.

JDR13 - i myself have been addicted for 3 months and its quite easy - its like alcohol .... first you dont like it then you start liking it ALOT and then you get too drunk and vomit :)
its about the community but then again its just a better looking chat :p

Actually, playing TBC I now remember what I liked to much about WoW. Yesterday I ran a few quests with a couple of players I met in a cave. The fact that you can just jump in and find a few quests, join up with some people and go dungeon crawling or monster slaying must be the most appealing to most (casual) players. There is a certain charm to the whole game that few other games possess. I guess it's very dependent on taste, but the first time you find yourself in a world with hundreds of other players running around you doing their business must be a milestone in any gamer's life. Too bad that first time won't ever come back.

Back
Top Bottom