South Park - Most Anticipated RPG @ OnlySP

Maybe Obsidian's new stealth project is an Archer RPG. Now that I may consider…
I agree just think of a better Alpha Protocol but with humor. ;)

They're the same when it comes to my interest in them as the basis for an RPG.

See, I didn't even need luck to compare them :)

Seriously, my comparison was meant as a way to demonstrate how some of us feel about South Park.

I assume you don't enjoy Hello Kitty and you don't want to see an RPG about it, regardless of whether or not you've actually played it?

In fact, I'm going to go ahead and claim you'd call a Hello Kitty RPG by Obsidian a bad idea in a sober state of mind.

Get it? :)

YOU like South Park - and I hate it.

End of story.

I've never seen someone write so much to say so little. :)

Oh..and no, I wouldn't call a Hello Kitty game a "bad idea" just because I have zero interest in it. I would simply say that I had zero interest in it. ;)

I see what you did there.:)

Did you? Well by all means, please elaborate. :)

Oh..and no, I wouldn't call a Hello Kitty game a "bad idea" just because I have zero interest in it. I would simply say that I had zero interest in it. ;)

So, you have zero interest in a game you've never played because you think it's a great idea?

Anyway, whatever ;)

So, you have zero interest in a game you've never played because you think it's a great idea?

Anyway, whatever ;)

Yeah, that's exactly what I said. ;)

In reality though, I'm not arrogant enough to claim something is a bad idea just because it doesn't interest me personally.

Yeah, that's exactly what I said. ;)

In reality though, I'm not arrogant enough to claim something is a bad idea just because it doesn't interest me personally.

Oh, so because I say something is a bad idea - I'm automatically saying everyone should agree?

Are you seriously suggesting you never say something is bad or crap without adding "I personally think"?

Sure, JDR :)

Oh, so because I say something is a bad idea - I'm automatically saying everyone should agree?

Are you seriously suggesting you never say something is bad or crap without adding "I personally think"?

Sure, JDR :)

When you say "One of the worst ideas I've ever heard of, frankly", that sounds like much more than just a simple lack of interest.

That's ok though. Your cop-out is pretty much exactly what I was expecting.

It's like watching two kids argue he said she said. Let me get my popcorn.

popcorn.gif

Please continue you two.:mwahaha:

When you say "One of the worst ideas I've ever heard of, frankly", that sounds like much more than just a simple lack of interest.

That's ok though. Your cop-out is pretty much exactly what I was expecting.

It's not really more than a simple lack of interest. It's one of the worst ideas I've ever heard of, which means I have zero interest in it. Obsidian doing a South Park RPG? That's like Piranha Bytes doing a Facebook RPG to my ears - which I would also have zero interest in.

You really shouldn't have such difficulty grasping these simple concepts.

But if you want to have fun believing I've made an objective statement, I won't stand in your way.

It's not really more than a simple lack of interest. It's one of the worst ideas I've ever heard of, which means I have zero interest in it. Obsidian doing a South Park RPG? That's like Piranha Bytes doing a Facebook RPG to my ears - which I would also have zero interest in.

You really shouldn't have such difficulty grasping these simple concepts.

But if you want to have fun believing I've made an objective statement, I won't stand in your way.

We'll just chalk it up to regional differences then. Apparently, in Denmark, not being interested in something is the same as it being a bad idea. I've learned something new today.

We'll just chalk it up to regional differences then. Apparently, in Denmark, not being interested in something is the same as being a bad idea. I've learned something new today.

It's not the same. I'm saying it's not really MORE. In that same way, not liking something can also result in a lack of interest.

If that's a new concept to you, I'm surprised.

But ok :)

It's not the same. I'm saying it's not really MORE.

If that's a new concept to you, I'm surprised.

But ok :)

I'm saying it's two different things altogether.

Maybe a South Park game really is a bad idea. Maybe it only sells 10,000 copies and ruins Obsidian for good. Then, in hindsight, we'll know that it was a bad idea. Impossible to know that now.

You seem to have a different definition of the word though, and that's fine.

I'm saying it's two different things altogether.

Maybe a South Park game really is a bad idea. Maybe it only sells 10,000 copies and ruins Obsidian for good. Then, in hindsight, we'll know that it was a bad idea. Impossible to know that now.

You seem to have a different definition of the word though, and that's fine.

I don't know if it's a bad idea in terms of business. Can't say I really care much either - except I'd prefer if Obsidian didn't burn themselves too bad on it.

To me, it's a bad idea because I hate South Park - and since Obsidian is one of the few RPG developers who can get decent funding, I consider it a tremendous waste of time, resources, and effort, especially considering their take on humor - which I got a taste of with Alpha Protocol.

But that's me.

Again, if PB decided to make a Facebook RPG - that could probably be successful, but I'd consider it one of the worst ideas I'd ever heard of - that's for sure.

I'm sure it must be a great idea if you like South Park and you like Obsidian's take on humor.

I'm sure it must be a great idea if you like South Park and you like Obsidian's take on humor.

No, not necessarily. Me liking it (if that turns out to be the case) doesn't mean it was a good idea. It might still be a failure for Obsidian, and then I wouldn't hesitate to admit that it was a bad idea. Just a different context I guess.

No, not necessarily. Me liking it (if that turns out to be the case) doesn't mean it was a good idea. It might still be a failure for Obsidian, and then I wouldn't hesitate to admit that it was a bad idea. Just a different context I guess.

You certainly seem to be using the words in a different way than I do. I couldn't possibly speak for Obsidian and what their intention with the idea is. I would assume they want their game to be both well received and successful in business terms, but that has no bearing on my opinion about the idea of them doing a South Park RPG.

I can only speak about the idea from my own perspective, and how I personally feel about it.

If it's super successful, they might go ahead and focus on South Park for their next projects - which means the idea is even worse than I feared.

Also, if Obama got the idea of nuking a country - that might be a great idea for him if the result is total destruction and that's what he wanted.

Doesn't mean I'd consider it a good idea - and I don't really give a shit what his intention was or if the idea was successful from his point of view.

The person(s) getting the idea is irrelevant, but I'm sure this is too much for you already.

You're probably bored :)

Did you? Well by all means, please elaborate. :)

A reference to another recent thread mayhaps.:)

Also, I not sure what you 2 are talking about but can you send me the link for the hello kitty game. Thanks in advance.;)

Even if its just a 2 hour interactive episode I'm down. Trey and Matt are working on it personally and said they wouldn't release it if it sucked.

*Deleted*

On second thought, it's not worth my time. You don't get what I'm saying, and (as usual) you're resorting to personal insults out of frustration. Ah well…

Last edited:
*Deleted*

On second thought, it's not worth my time. You don't get what I'm saying, and (as usual) you're resorting to personal insults out of frustration. Ah well…

No insult intended - nor did I feel frustrated, as I found the topic interesting. Maybe I was teasing you a little, but you really do tend to get bored when I get wordy - or so it seems. You're not alone :)

It's just that some things take more time to explain - and I didn't expect you to care enough to keep going. Also, I thought it was quite clear from the beginning - but obviously it wasn't, so I had to go a bit in-depth.

That said, if it has to get personal - then that's a big waste, and I agree it's not worth it.

It's just that some things take more time to explain - and I didn't expect you to care enough to keep going. Also, I thought it was quite clear from the beginning - but obviously it wasn't, so I had to go a bit in-depth.

Oh it was definitely quite clear since the beginning. :)

But you're right about me not caring enough to keep going.

Back
Top Bottom