Divinity 2 - Review @ Games32

Dhruin

SasqWatch
We should start seeing some more English Divinity II reviews with the recent UK and AU releases. This time we have one from Games32, who praise the story, choices in quests and interesting dungeons on the way to a score of 88%:
If you are even remotely interested in playing a top quality RPG, with a narrative that hasn't been told and retold in every single game of the genre, then you shouldn't miss Divinity 2: Ego Draconis. For a company that doesn't spin millions, Larian Studios delivered a real gem, a sequel that surpasses the original in every imaginable way and should please even the most fastidious gamers.
More information.

What's your current machine like? "This demands a powerful machine" is misleading. Your average $600 gaming rig can run this with no problem, and the only hurdles would be the game's own poor optimization.

Well, that depends. It is a question of the graphics card, but I once read in a thread that it is also a question of the CPU.

However, the game is more demanding than I had expected.

Running XP Pro w/SP3, 2 gigs of RAM, and graphics card is a 9600GT 512MB/256bit/DDR3 which is fine.

But my system is a socket 939 with a dual core 3800+ running at 2.0 ghz which is well behind the modern cpus out there today.

I didn't see any X360 reviews ... with the 'Gone Gold' announcement and my love of DivDiv I have folks asking. Anyone heard?

Well, that depends. It is a question of the graphics card, but I once read in a thread that it is also a question of the CPU.
Divinity 2 is optimized for multi core processors using two cores where one of them is used for streaming contents from disk.

Rills: That should be plenty to run the game at max settings and is better then my old system which could run this at medium - high settings.

Rills: That should be plenty to run the game at max settings and is better then my old system which could run this at medium - high settings.

Great! Divinity Two along with Risen and DA are on my "must play" list (though I am about to start Drakensang). Thanks to all of you for your very helpful information and gaming experience.

guenthar, may I ask what your system specs were/are when you ran this game?
Thanks.

Divinity 2 is optimized for multi core processors using two cores where one of them is used for streaming contents from disk.

Well, I think I have read in a thread (couldn't find it yesterday anymore) that more modern CPUs have a slightly enhanced architecture which matters to/speeds up the game as well. Beginning with Phenom.

Back
Top Bottom