The "I Just Bought" thread

Well, I didn't buy it for myself, but ... :D

Attachments

• prev.jpg
    prev.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 173
Couldn't help but pick up Risen 3 off ebay today; the recent Maylander review and subsequent discussions brought back my positive inclination towards PB games. Looking forward to finding the time to delve into it. :)

Also, in a nostalgic mood, I picked up a childhood jigsaw puzzle that I lost to time many years ago featuring a classic piece of D&D art by Larry Elmore. It should look amazing mounted and laminated on a wall.

http://dragonpictures.co.uk/images/...ragons/DD-Ancient-Red-by-Larry-Elmore-992.jpg

Oh, i like it. very much. The question is. How many pieces ?

551 pieces. 18" x 24" or 45 x 96 cm. :)

I can still recall helping my dad to put it together over the course of a couple of weeks during the evenings after he came home from work. It certainly has a majesty about it which still captivates. Will be nice to have it again.

Just ordered a Samsung Galaxy Note III (off contract) ... the hassle of an iPhone + iPad, each with data plan, has worn on me ... got a good deal so even if I decide to bite on whatever Apple puts out next month it is no biggie :)

the hassle of an iPhone + iPad, each with data plan, has worn on me
Wonders will never cease. :)

I'm still using my HTC Desire Z, an almost three years old Android phone with a hardware keyboard. Shame there aren't more of those.

Wonders will never cease. :)

I'm still using my HTC Desire Z, an almost three years old Android phone with a hardware keyboard. Shame there aren't more of those.

I loved my Moto Droid 4 (also with keyboard) and had hoped for a Droid 5 for a while ... but seems like hardware keyboards are a thing of the past!

I will still keep my iPad Air for music and games, but try to do everything else on the Note 3, such as my blogging and general productivity stuff. I have a nice Logitech Bluetooth keyboard I bought for the original Nexus 7 a couple of years ago I'll use.

I didn't just buy it, but I recently bought an Omega Speedmaster Professional, aka the moon watch (used by the NASA for the Apollo missions). I wanted an Omega watch for more than 20 years, and I finally decided to go ahead with it.

1769927244_67a2e0637f.jpg

Hmm, I just bought a few things I needed.

Bought a few of these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000O1APF0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They are WONDERFUL for storing vinyl LPs. I have all my rare LPs alphabetized in several of these. They are modular and you can stack them. Great stuff.

You can also buy the single square, which I bought a few of as well. They look great in my room, too.

I also bought this wireless mouse for my old laptop.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001DHECXA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
So far, I think it's a great mouse and well worth the $18 I spent on it. Nothing too exciting but it's just nice. Has a sleep function, can turn it on and off easily, feels great to use and is pretty sleek looking. Recommended.

I'm dreaming of beautiful watches again.

I hope one day to get a Breitling Navitimer:

navitimer46_bg1b.jpg

And a Rolex Submariner:

Rolex-Submariner_3.jpg

With the Speedmaster above I would own 3 of the best watches of all time. I like watches so much!

I have been without a smartpen for a while and started back up with my LiveScribe Echo ... and remembered how tired I was of manually syncing and so on ... so I grabbed this:

https://www.smartpen.com.au/sites/d...ur Livescribe 3 Pro Edition.jpg?itok=ZZD2kQVq

The Livescribe 3 works in sync with an app via Bluetooth, and also does the normal storage and capturing on the special paper. The Pro pack comes with a great folio notebook I love.

You definitely should. I'll pm you my address.

I bought a virtual cat for my kid (right, that's the guy who opens his window every night hoping a stray cat will venture into his room).

I bought a virtual cat for my kid (right, that's the guy who opens his window every night hoping a stray cat will venture into his room).

That's good. :) Real ones pee on the floor. Permanently.

My two (real) cats didn't pee on the floor once they had grown beyond baby stage, but that was 20 or so years ago ... perhaps cats have changed in the meantime, or it depends on race or gender or ...

Our dog pees on the floor, though, but just if he's extremely happy. He may forget to hold his guns then.

Back
Top Bottom