Risen Some questions

Lockpicking and Pickpocketing are both definitely worth it, especially Pickpocketing.

Gut animals is a judgment call, you don't really need it, but it's only 5 LPs and 100 gold anyways.

No, Pick pocketing is one of the least valuable skills, lock picking is by far better then pick pocketing.

I'm lucky to have 900 gold, never mind 9k. HOW did you get so much?

I got lockpicking 2 and pickpocketing and stripped everything and everyone of the entire harbor town and bandit camp off their belongings :) . Well, and after a little over 30 hours total play time I'm now finally getting close to having cleared almost the entire world of monsters in chapter 1 so I have looted many, many enemies and chests. The only places I'm going to have to leave for later chapters are the temples with the ogres, elite warriors and scorpions etc. - Everything else and I really mean everything is going to die in chapter 1 thanks to me (level 16 now and still no member of a faction) and my trusty friend Fred the skeleton :biggrin: .

Moriendor, what skills and weapons do you have? I found some areas very difficult without the better weapons in Ch2.

Where did you find Fred? There are times I could use some help. :)

Moriendor, what skills and weapons do you have? I found some areas very difficult without the better weapons in Ch2.

As for skills I got no combat skills (I only got lockpicking 2, pickpocketing, alchemy 3). I only put some points in strength. It's at 35 now (and I have a +3 ring so 38 really). I have been saving up LPs because I want to become a mage once I finally pick a faction. I got 90 LPs saved up "in the bank" for that.
My weapon is a err... I'm playing the German version so I don't know what it's called in English... "noble sword" maybe? :) I think it does 42 damage or something like that. Before that I fought with a blunt, spikey weapon that looks like a mace for a long time. And I got a shield, of course.

As for Fred: As far as I can remember, a summon skeleton scroll can be found in the ruins at the W/NW coast and another one in the ruins to the East (where that one Gyrger is dwelling in the basement). I think there may have been at least one more but I can't remember the location (probably another ruin with skeletons somewhere).
If you keep Fred healed he's going to be a permanent companion. There is no timer or anything. Fred will follow you just about anywhere. He's just not good at climbing but you can tell him to wait for you and then pick him back up later after you're done exploring.
If Fred gets hurt you can easily heal him by just saving and reloading the game :) . Alternatively, you can tell Fred to wait here. Then run away from him, out of his line of sight, return and voilá Fred is at full health again. Fred will not heal over night if you sleep so you'll have to use one of the above two tips to heal him (w/o using up a valuable healing scroll).

Fred will certainly heal while hero sleeps, i slept in a bed in the ruins with fred by my side, he was severely injured, in the morning he was by my side ever faithful and fully restored. :)

Fred also restores all health when you save -> reload.

You can find his rune on Lord Pants or whatever he's called, in the cave that divides the eastern part from the central part.

Fred will certainly heal while hero sleeps, i slept in a bed in the ruins with fred by my side, he was severely injured, in the morning he was by my side ever faithful and fully restored. :)

This is not true, Wulf. Or only half true or something ;) . It doesn't work reliably. As I said above, the only two reliable ways to heal Fred are save & load or get out of his line of sight and return. I've had him healed in the morning after I used a bed as well (randomly) but 90% of the time he's going to have the same level of health after you spent a night in a bed. Just try it out in different places. You'll see that Fred doesn't always heal.

All of the above assuming that neither your Fred nor my Fred are bugged :) .

Yeah, I knew who Fred was, I just haven't seen a summon scroll for him anywhere yet.

Well, I guess they figured giving up a ring slot to have the skill would be some type of sacrifice. However, its pretty easy to simply hot-key the sneak ring when you need it, then swap back the original ring (also could be hotkeyed) when you're done.

just curious, how to set a hot-key to swap the rings back and forth? couldn't find anything in the options..

lol, couldn't believe it was that easy. thanks.. :)

If you become a mage, you can cast magic using runes, but if you are a bandit, you need scrolls to cast magic, and animal parts are necessary to create some scrolls, so gut animals is useful for that.

Back
Top Bottom