Kyn - A New Tactical Action RPG

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Kyn is a tactical Action RPG being developed by a studio called Tangrin. The game is set to be released this summer on PC, Mac, and Linux.

Kyn is rarely about making the perfect choice, but rather the one that will see you live to fight another day — you'll have to rapidly formulate strategies in order to overcome powerful opponents, using abilities to bolster your party and incinerate your foes.
More information.

Reminds me alot of Dungeon Siege 1/2. It looks nice, some of the prettiest cartoony artstyle I've seen.

Didn't see any tactics being used in the game. It was a super-fast paced button masher from the looks of things.

Didn't see any tactics being used in the game. It was a super-fast paced button masher from the looks of things.
That's what the PR release called it so that's what I used. ^^

Hit point inflation strikes again.

Cute animation, although rough around the edges.

Dungeon Siege was linear for most parts, and had arrows on quests givers, and some more streamlining announcing modern games.

But the combats had depth, despite the manual pause, the team and real time, characters with not that many skills/spells options. It still had depth, from managing well the party, position well characters, exploiting environments, choosing well enemies, and more.

It's not clear at all on the trailers and the combats sequences are very short, but in words it's in their focus, and I don't think it's a trailer of a finished game.

Could be a boring game but could also be a non linear Dungeon Siege game and that genre could gives a great RPG.

Back
Top Bottom