Wasteland 2 - Officially Released

Yub. For now it's D:OS for me too if I didn't already finish it. It's the game which received far more polish.

After I solved the crashing problem, I now gfought like 30 Minutes against rabbits. Or let's say against technical glitches preventing me from killing them.
Game gives you an advice to use the high position to shot them.
But from there you can't really see them, the LOS is randomly blocked, sometimes your people are randomly teleported downstairs, and you so have to try again and again until you got a streak of luck and bug-free-ness. Awesome...

So from the first couple of minutes I can tell:
-A couple of additional Portraits, yay!
-Stuttering in intro is gone
-German Translation is only recommended for those who don't understand english at all. There are several mistakes and the flow of words just doesn't feel good. But if you are in total need of a translation it will probably do the job. And of course all voice overs are in english anyways. So reading Vargas Text in the beginning will be a pain in the ass. You can disable voiceovers in the menu then.
Personally I'll rather play in english under these circumstances.

As a professional game translator myself I examined their "crowdsource translation" system. My conclusion is that there must be two possible reasons for the poor quality of localization. One of them is the lack of "dialogue tree" system. In RPGs seeing the dialogues like branches of a tree is so important. Without understanding why an NPC says a particular sentence and what triggers what often leads to mistranslations. Second reason, in order to reduce the costs Inexile only hired one editor for each of the general languages. Since the translations have done by amateur people rather than professionals, fixing the mistranslations with only one person seems impossible, especially in a relatively short time (Three months for 550.000 words).

Yub. For now it's D:OS for me too if I didn't already finish it. It's the game which received far more polish.

After I solved the crashing problem, I now gfought like 30 Minutes against rabbits. Or let's say against technical glitches preventing me from killing them.
Game gives you an advice to use the high position to shot them.
But from there you can't really see them, the LOS is randomly blocked, sometimes your people are randomly teleported downstairs, and you so have to try again and again until you got a streak of luck and bug-free-ness. Awesome…

That's really strange, I'm not having any of those bugs at all. I'm assuming you didn't try to load saves from the beta, wondering if maybe it didn't update to the final version properly though? What area was this in? Wondering if I have that to look forward too or if maybe I've already managed to get past it without having the bugs.

There was a line of sight bug I was getting specific to the ag center, but it was only when enemies were standing on top of destroyed pods. Wonder if it's related and the way the game decides line of sight over obstacles doesn't figure some of their heights correctly.

Last edited:
Didn't use old saves files. I guess you are already past that. It was in the AG Center Zone, but outside of the building. There are 4 rabbits which are quite deadly on supreme jerk. But if you go up the stairs from the south it will tell you that it's a good position to sniper them.

Right… Okay… Now I'm not sure when I'll be onto WL2, hopefully before monday (still in pers. probs and can't afford diving into juicy RPG, I still need some dull stuff to keep my mind clear).

Reviews? What reviews?
Possibly the best review is the one on WL2 official forum titled with:
This game sucks…

:evilgrin:

I was thinking of getting a new pc when witcher 3 arrives. And now i realize i can't play wasteland. I don't have the 4gb ram. Great.

I'm gonna sell my ps4 i bought last month and i haven't played not even 1 game. Pissed

If only you could ram the 8GB of PS4 RAM into your PC. ;)

Also I'm worried of how loudly my 7970's fan is spinning with the stories of Unity frying GPUs. Unity really is utterly unoptimized, it's baffling.
Same here, this also worries me! Limiting FPS helped e.g. in case of MMX, but not here. Will have to do more investigation w. Fraps/NVidia Inspector. GTX570 here.

For my system (Win7 64 Bit, NVIDA gfx card) Wasteland 2 is more stable with this Steam-launch-option:

-force-d3d9

I had random chrashes/freezing before.

For my system (Win7 64 Bit, NVIDA gfx card) Wasteland 2 is more stable with this Steam-launch-option:

-force-d3d9

I had random chrashes/freezing before.
Good one, now camera movement is completely without stuttering here on best quality and 1920x1200.

I just started playing Shadowrun Returns Berlin, by the time I finish it there'll probably be my required 2 patches before playing any new game.

It's interesting, this time it seems to be Nvidia users with problems. I have an AMD Radeon HD 6850. I played the game almost 30 hours by now, 0 crashes. I encountered 5 bugs in total so far, all of them minor. I know many games that are years old and are in a worse shape. But I expected it to be this way, because even the last betas didn't have any major issues.

Back
Top Bottom