Skyrim - Skyrim Previews

Dhruin

SasqWatch
VG247 has another Skyrim hands-on:
And then, the moose. He bolted the second he caught wind of my approach, but I gave chase. Eventually, I cornered him – you know, with my back to the edge of a waterfall. Damn that moose; he was a tactical genius. Or just really lucky. Regardless, he was finally fed up with my attempts to engage him in a rousing game of hide-and-go-disturb-the-wildlife. So he gave me a graceful, majestic shove, and off I went. Right over a waterfall.
Surprisingly, I survived, and the water’s current – another new feature – yanked me about like a housecat whose curiosity guided it into a washing machine. Eventually, it deposited me at the base of the mountain, where I sighted an incredibly ominous-looking cave. “Why not?” I thought to myself.
...and a summary of other previews from the Bethblog:
  • Electronic Theatre has ranked Skyrim their top game of last week’s Eurogamer Expo!
  • Read new hands-on impressions at Delta Gamer, GeekMandem, and BeefJack
  • GigJets details new info on the game revealed by Pete Hines
  • Check out Jaime Deizell’s look back at Morrowind up at Games.On.Net
  • Fans in Spain can check out the latest cover story for Skyrim in the new issue of Marca Player. See the cover here!
More information.

Interesting review but author's attempts at humor are pretty pathetic.

finally this! I hope more developers will follow. I hope the same works with quick save too.

[autosaves] alternates between 3 slots. You set time interval (5, 10, 15, etc) as well as if it saves on sleep, wait, etc.

finally this! I hope more developers will follow. I hope the same works with quick save too.

They "integrated" a really popular mod for Oblivion here. Actually, there's a lot of features in Skyrim that seems to come from mods made for Oblivion.

I hope they give credit where credit is due. I know that they've given credit to the bow skill mod, but I agree that a lot of other mods seem to have crept into Skyrim. It'd be nice to see those people listed in the credits of the game. I'm sure Bethesda legally owns any mods built with their toolkit, but it'd still be a gesture of respect to the community.

I hope they give credit where credit is due. I know that they've given credit to the bow skill mod, but I agree that a lot of other mods seem to have crept into Skyrim. It'd be nice to see those people listed in the credits of the game. I'm sure Bethesda legally owns any mods built with their toolkit, but it'd still be a gesture of respect to the community.

I agree. Considering that the game is just single player, it's amazing to see all the good mods and overall dedication to the game in general from the modding community. I pre-ordered both the PC and XBOX versions...

Todd mentioned the bow mod in numerous interviews, but that's where it stopped.
I'm curious though, what other mods have you noticed so far that Bethesda has implemented in Skyrim?

Till we actually play it, I'm not sure spiraling, but it seems like parts of All Natural is in there and they've mentioned that the plants now change their look when harvested, which was a mod, etc. I wouldn't be surprised at all if OBSE was added in too. I just hope that if they used mods or copied the ideas of a mod, that they give due credit.

I'm curious though, what other mods have you noticed so far that Bethesda has implemented in Skyrim?

Some features are more like greatly inspired by mods (ans some mods where fix anyway), but they looked at what was popular on the mods scene of Oblivion and implemented it.

Without playing Skyrim:

• Auto-save with custom time between save was taken from the mod Streamline (there was another mod also that had this feature).
  • There were crafting mods for both Morrowind and Oblivion where you could craft almost everything (and we can apparently do so in Skyrim).
  • Learning spell from spell cards/scrolls, there was a mod in Oblivion for learning spells from scrolls (I'm not talking about the DLC Spell Tome, it was using the in-game scrolls).
  • Permanent Khajiit night eye.
  • Some change to the magic system come from or are greatly inspired by Supreme Magicka/Midas Magic/Lame (example: summoning more then one monsters, fire causing "burns")
  • Combat improvement (finishing moves, dual wielding, shield bash, etc) => Unnecessary Violence and others.
  • Harvester mod (removed the plant or part of the plants you are harvesting)
  • There was a mod in Oblivon that re-enabled the NPCs movements (no walking). Skyrim allow this as well.

I'm sure there is others...

Auto-save with custom time between save was taken from the mod Streamline (there was another mod also that had this feature).

This sort of thing has existed for decades in other programs including some games. It wasn't "taken from a mod" unless you say the mod "took it from program XYZ" ...

Two Worlds 2 definitely has this feature and I abuse it heartily :)

Back
Top Bottom