Skyrim Graphical glitch with ATI cards

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Lurking Grue

Random Encounter #23
Original Sin Donor
After the "stealth patch", which supposedly only changed the exe so that Skyrim couldn't be started without Steam, I've had a strange graphics glitch that I can't seem to trace. I haven't changed drivers in between or anything like that. I've only tweaked the ini in minor ways, but way before this glitch appeared. So the problem is, that when I'm in first person view and inside a cave/dungeon with mist or fog swirling about, I get this annoying neon blue outline on my character's hands and any weapons held in them (but not spell effects). Any ideas what might be causing this?

It's not a biggie as it doesn't seem to manifest all the time and it only affects first person view, but it is annoying (as I really prefer FP view). I've never had this happen in any game before. I'm pretty sure it only happens when there is fog/mist around, but I'm not 100% sure. I don't have to be watching right towards the fog/mist for this glitch to happen though. It never happens in outside areas, even outside areas with mist or fog. I'm stumped. Any ideas?

I had this from the start, its an AA bug apparently. Oh well. FXAA in settings will remove it, I just ignore it.

So the glitch might be due to AA. I'll check that out. I'll try lowering it or switching it off completely. Thanks for the tip!

Funny thing is, I could swear this started after the patch, as I didn't (seem to?) have any problems with AA before it. Maybe I was just lucky. Oh well.

There's a new ATI driver out just this week you might want to try.
It must be beta/preview driver, because my driver updater and AMD's site says the newest driver is the v11.11 (heh, no pun) released 15th of Nov (which I have installed). I tend to avoid beta drivers as I haven't had very good luck with them. I'll wait for the official release. Thanks for the info anyway.

Back
Top Bottom