Exiled Kingdoms - Isometric RPG for Android - Testers wanted

DavidBVal

Watcher
Exiled Kingdoms - Android - Public beta released!

Exiled Kingdoms is an open-ended action RPG for Android, story-driven but at the same time allowing to roam freely and explore. The game keeps getting updated and expanded every month since it was released.

Android version:Play it now by clicking here!

New! (5/10/2016): Exiled Kingdoms just released for iOS. Get it from the App Store here!

New! (5/10/2016): The free portion of the game has been doubled to around 10-12 hours of gameplay, so try it out and see if you like it.

Update on available content:

The game is rather large, including 66 areas in total, 57+ quests (plus procedural quests), and a bestiary of 60+ different enemies and nasty bosses. There's hundreds of different items, and over a 250 conversations.

Free version includes around 20% of the full game. There is no further in-app purchases required (or even possible) after the one-time registration.

Story introduction: A dark tale, and a brave new world

A century ago, the Andorian Empire was destroyed by a magical cataclysm that brought The Horrors into our world; humanity was nearly annihilated. Many thousands managed to escape, however, sailing away to the Imperial Colony of Varannar: a savage island, dangerous and unexplored. But mistrust and blame made impossible to elect a new Emperor, and the four Exiled Kingdoms were proclaimed.

Nowadays, the ragtag kingdoms still struggle to survive in a harsh land, often waging war on each other. Empire and the Horrors are, for many, just old legends and fairytales. You are a novice adventurer, rarely paying attention to such old stories; you're more concerned with your latest misadventures.

But for once, luck seems to be on your side. You received a letter from New Garand, stating that you are the sole beneficiary of a big inheritance. You don’t remember any relatives in the capital of the Kingdom of Varsilia, but certainly that won’t stop you from an opportunity like this! The road to New Garand will reveal many surprises, and will teach you that fairytales and legends can become, in fact, very real.

Main page: http://www.exiledkingdoms.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/exiledkingdoms
Complete changelog: click here.
Credits: the game uses a lot of open assets from wonderful artists. Full list here

Some screenshots:

ek_s_combat_tomb.png

ek_s_town_ng.png

ek_s_combat_spider.png

ek_s_conversation_captain.png

ek_s_character_sheet.png

ek_s_combat_tomb2.png

ek_s_combat_mine.png

ek_s_combat_bandits.png

ek_s_town_kingsbridge.png

David

Last edited:
I'm not really into playing on my phone, but I have to say I like the art style. Reminds me a bit of Siege of Avalon.

I'm not really into playing on my phone, but I have to say I like the art style. Reminds me a bit of Siege of Avalon.

That game had quite good writing, didn't it? The story and feel is one of my priorities for Exiled Kingdoms too, so I hope it's similar in more than one way :)

And phones are wonderful little things that make possible to defeat a dragon while in the toilet, the XXI century adventurer fights evil even while on the small throne ;)

Anyways, thanks for your kind comment.

Added video trailer in first post. Almost a daily build since last posted, so listing what has changed since then would be pointless :)

you say maybe iOS and Windows. What are you writing this in, native Android?

you say maybe iOS and Windows. What are you writing this in, native Android?

Java + LibGDX.

Yes, the game is multi-platform and will be released for Android first (Public Beta in a few weeks), then for iOS. For desktop, I need to make adjustments to controls, and maybe work with higher resolution graphics too. This is a one-man project so it may take me time.

Interesting. I've been looking at Xamarin. LibGDX seems to have integrated gaming libraries built in. I'm not sure if I would use such things and I am equally proficient in C# and Java. Hmm...

Well, I am not very familiar with Xamarin, but libgdx is free and opensource. Also, I believe it can be used with other languages, although if you want to have all the support from the existing resources, I'd go with Java.

I actually am more experienced in C#, Exiled Kingdoms has been my first Java project :D

I'd love to, but sadly i'm stuck with only a pc. Good luck!

Great job - posting here to track progress and see if I can free up some time to help out. Don't want to sign on until I can commit to actually putting in decent time and feedback.

Keep it up!

I'd love to, but sadly i'm stuck with only a pc. Good luck!

Great job - posting here to track progress and see if I can free up some time to help out. Don't want to sign on until I can commit to actually putting in decent time and feedback.

Keep it up!

Thanks folks, I'll need lots of testing in the Beta as well, so no hurries. :)

would be good to have more games like this in play store

Count on at least one more ;)

For those of you that want to "track the project later", consider liking the game in Facebook. I won't spam with posts, just the major releases, and other important stuff.

Hello, just a quick update with a few screenshots. Exiled Kingdoms development keeps progressing well, and many mechanics, UI improvements and game content has been added. The latest and more "visual" changes are about dynamic lights:

dungeon1.png

dungeon2.png

dungeon3.png

town1.png

town2.png

outdoor1.png

As soon as I finish a few UI improvements, I'll make a new video.

You can see a full changelog here.

I am still looking for testers, currently for Android. This only implies playing, nothing else, and the game is already stable and has about 20 hours of content available. If you are interested, please click here.

I am interested in this! I will have an Nvidia Shield Portable device in 2 days, so I should be able to play this then, eh? I'll contact you in a few days. :)

I am interested in this! I will have an Nvidia Shield Portable device in 2 days, so I should be able to play this then, eh? I'll contact you in a few days. :)

Sure thing, looking forward to it!

This thing runs in old dual core devices with 1gb RAM and Samsung graphic chips, so with an Nvidia monster, you shouldn't expect any trouble :)

New Gameplay video: the Rogue.

It demonstrates several of the rogue skills: stealth, setting traps, sprint, archery, and stab.

Rogues can handle themselves in a fight, but they're vulnerable when surrounded by several enemies, or if they face a heavy hitter. They must be careful and make use of their skills to avoid receiving too much damage. While it's a more challenging class to play than the Warrior, when used correctly and with good equipment they can be very strong.

Last edited:
Hey everyone! I can vouch that this game is worth your time and you should check it out and help test it/give suggestions! It's definitely in the vein of a classic, old-school PC RPG! :)

Back
Top Bottom