Sony Online Entertainment - Smedley Station Blog on PS3

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The latest Station Blog entry from SOE's John Smedley talks up the PS3, although it sounds more promotional post than real blog to me:

Online console games are going to be huge. They’re growing at an extremely rapid rate and we already have several MMO’s in development for the PS3 that are cross platform with the PC. We’re working on cool new ways to allow people to communicate (online keyboard interfaces, voice-to-text and other ideas). The power of the PS3 is going to allow us to bring a lot of computing power to bear on the challenges of communicating with other players. To me the idea of an online universe of gamers as large as 100 Million or more is really exciting and is going to end up really allowing all kinds of awesome games.
More information

Rofl. I seriously doubt that sony will ever get 100 million gamers as long as Smedley has anything to do with their mmo space. Not to mention that sony as it's own corporate entity have made a huge number of missteps in the recent past. And, though some publishers obviously dont believe it, gamers have long memories. :)

"The power of the PS3 is going to allow us to bring a lot of computing power to bear on the challenges of communicating with other players."

Translation: "I'm going to use all of the online PS3s to buy/sell Sony stock while you aren't using it for games." :D

Back
Top Bottom