White Gold - Trailer

Dhruin

SasqWatch
A new trailer for Deep Shadows' FPS/RPG White Gold: War in Paradise is available at Gamers Hell. Here's the blurb:
This first clip of in-game footage reveals a sweeping view of the island’s topography, up close encounters with numerous characters as well as a demonstration of forceful weaponry including an automatic rifle and a grenade launcher. The main hero will be seen driving a tank to cover an infantry assault, haggling with a street trader for a bundle of bananas, attacking enemy airfield from a high-tech chopper and exploring the jungles on foot in search of a mystical Indian artifact. On display are some of the game’s most unusual situations including riding sharks and taking over a mafia gunboat with a knife in stealth mode.http://www.gamershell.com/news/36642.html
More information.

In the movie you can see that the characters has perks based on his current level. The perks have names like "grenade throwing I,II,III" and "jump I,I,III". Looks like you will be able to customise your character more than in Boiling Point.

Another interesting thing is that it looks like stealth based game-play is possible (the character goes partially transparent while stealth is active). Maybe if you do a mission in complete stealth you won't get a negative reputation hit anymore?

Still looks somewhat similar to Boiling Point at this stage (they are even still using the old "Saul Myers" skin for the PC) but those few new features look like they are going to make an already good game engine even better.

In the movie you can see that the characters has perks based on his current level. The perks have names like "grenade throwing I,II,III" and "jump I,I,III". Looks like you will be able to customise your character more than in Boiling Point.

Yeah and hopefully have more of an impact on gameplay to boot!

Another interesting thing is that it looks like stealth based game-play is possible (the character goes partially transparent while stealth is active). Maybe if you do a mission in complete stealth you won't get a negative reputation hit anymore?

Stealth was possible in BP too, it just came across as inconsistent and the "rules" weren't always obvious. If you did kill someone with stealth then it wouldn't effect your relations... but completing missions often wouldn't take stealth into account.
The shadow effect could well be a perk... or potion or something.

It certainly looks interesting and very much alike Boiling Point (though that might be both positive and negative). Let's at least hope this game will not be as bug infested as Boiling Point.

oh, and hi ShadowMoses. I've been following your website for some time.

Thanks for the link, Shadowmoses. I was away from Mon - Wed and didn't see your email until after I'd already posted the Gamers Hell one but appreciate the heads-up anyway.

Back
Top Bottom