Good Old Games - Announcement Coming

Prove that HotU isn't legal

Prove that it is legal.

Abandonware is, and always has been, a gray legal area. I prefer to vote with my dollars and I like what GOG does. HotU is cool and all, but does nothing to fuel future endeavors.

It also doesn't guarantee Win7 compatability, which GOG does. Big difference.

Does it though for all games? They really need to put the thief series on there. I was about to purchase the original thief off of GamersGate, but the people commenting on the release said it wasnt compatible with Win 7. Would gog make it compatible?

The big problem with gog for me is the pricing. $10 is too much to spend on something like Sanitarium where I can get relatively new games off of Steam for only $5.

Well, it's not like you have to commit buying your games from only one store...
You can buy some of these $5 games off Steam and wait until Sanitarium goes on offer or until you can get it from somewhere else for less. There are sales all the time.

They really need to put the thief series on there. I was about to purchase the original thief off of GamersGate, but the people commenting on the release said it wasnt compatible with Win 7. Would gog make it compatible?

GOG just recently added both Thief Gold and Thief 2, and they're Win 7 compatible.

Back
Top Bottom