NWN2 - Only Fools Rush In...

Those are some of the most challenging fights in the game, no doubt about it. My advice: Bring lots of healing. I find that having both Elanee and Zhjaeve is practically mandatory near the end unless your main character is also a healer. Elanee should be a bit more of an offensive caster than Zhjaeve, but both should have plenty of healing spells available at all times.

I really liked most of this game and I played through it twice… I meant to take my char from NWN2 through MotB - but I gave up because I despised the "soul eater" mechanic too much. I wonder if it can be modded out or something, as I found the story really interesting.

Yeah, the soul eater mechanic was an annoyance especially if you are playing a good character. But after a while the cravings subside if you resist them, and they become much more manageable. It takes a bit of patience.

I always play good characters :)

Yeah, I know - but I'm not sure I have the patience. It's an Obsidian-kinda thing that I'm sure most fans enjoy - but I happen to hate such features.

I have to admit, I'm not a huge fan of the feature. By all means, I like the skills and mechanics it presents, and how it ties to the story, but the constant pressure is just annoying to me.

I wonder if it can be modded out or something, as I found the story really interesting.
An item (spirit eater recharger) from this mod sounds like an ideal way how to get rid of it to me, because it leaves the mechanic itself untouched.
I like the spirit meter so I don´t know whether the mod is issue-free though.

An item (spirit eater recharger) from this mod sounds like an ideal way how to get rid of it to me, because it leaves the mechanic itself untouched.
I like the spirit meter so I don´t know whether the mod is issue-free though.

Ah, sounds good. I'll try that when I get around to re-installing this :)

The OC has a seriously sadistically difficult endgame. I got my clock cleaned with the reavers in the last battle but it was too late for a retry.

Last time I beat the red dragon I used Elanee's "drown" spell to take it down to manageable HP, while all other casters spammed it with various area attacks.

Finished it but what the (()*&$(&$ big spoiler:

Really? Everybody dies??? That's it??? Grrrr… Sort of a letdown honestly.

Killing the King of Shadows was cake. In the Black Garius battle I got stuck behind the light barriers after killing the Balor due to a bug. I must have killed Garius a dozens of times until a glitch allowed my character to cross the light barrier (some kind of clipping error) and the bugged reincarnation loop exited. That was pretty ugly. In fact go figure the *one* bug I encounter is at the freakin ENDGAME ha ha.

Killing the 3 Reavers just outside the inner sanctum was a huuuuuuuuuuuge chore. Took me at least 9 attempts. Pretty frustrating until I got it down. I think the whole Reaver reincarnation mechanic is pretty ingenious though on Obsidians part.

So in the end a fantastic experience. Some frustration with difficulty toward the end but overall highly recommended for those still holding out trying NWN2….

One last thought. Due to the 3rd act of NWN2 OC, I'd rank this 2nd in terms of challenge right behind Temple of Elemental Evil. Just my opinion.

I'm going to try Pool of Radiance Remastered before hitting a pro module again. I also like that its a low level start... I generally prefer progressing them from the start. Managing the builds is half the fun!

Back
Top Bottom