DA:Inquisition - Tips for Better Crafting

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The Dragon Age: Inquisition website has posted 11 Tips for Better Crafting, I found it very informative especially for gamers that have no clue how to craft items.

After several hours of playing, you've likely collected nugskin, royal elfroot, and maybe even some Fade-touched obsidian. So, what do you do with it all? Congratulations, you're ready to begin crafting!

With so many different recipes, schematics, and materials available to you in Dragon Age: Inquisition, there's no shortage of helpful items to be had. With just a basic understanding of how Inquisition's crafting system works, you'll be creating spectacular gear in no time.

So many different possibilities to invest your resources in! Will you create a new weapon? Maybe some upgrades to your armor? How about improving one of your potions? To help get you started crafting your next masterpiece, we've asked lead gameplay designer Yaron Jakobs for some tips to success.
More information.

Crafting usually feels like a distraction to me--a piddling way to spend game time creating some potion of only minor usefulness. (The exception being Witcher, where it felt essential.) I'd like to just hand it off to a lackey.

I am not big fan of crafting in games as well. I get miffed when you can only get the best items via crafting. Whats wrong with good old fashion mob looting?

I enjoy crafting weapons and armor (prefer armor, if forced to choose stat tree). The crafting in DAI wasn't all that fun or complicated, and required no skill at all… which is odd. I continued doing it only after realizing the stats I could come up with were far superior to anything I found at my level.

Speaking of armor, they really made some awesome-looking stuff for the game, so kudos to whomever at BioWare designed it…

DA:I is one of the few games where I actually like the crafting. Most game crafting is to make garbage just to level up the ability or make money. You can make useful things in this game, which is great.

I am spending an inordinate amount of time replacing/switching/crafting companion equipment and upgrades every time my inventory becomes full. It's becoming a rather tedious equipment treadmill…. The "fun" only lasted for a short while.

If Biware unified and streamlined the inventory - merchant - crafting UIs it might actually be fun.

Last edited:
Is the crafting as good as it was in Divinity OS? It was really fun and creative in that game and the stuff you made not only didn't suck some of the items made a lot of sense. For example if you combine nails with shoes you get traction shoes that prevent you from slipping on ice. And there were a number of slippery ice environments in Divinity OS.

Hmmm, I think the DA:I crafting is much more structured (not assorted things put together like in Ultima and Arx Fatalis). You can create and upgrade armor, helmets, and weapons. You also have recipes for potions, bombs, and tonics and their upgrades. Did I miss anything?

Back
Top Bottom