Dragon Age 2 - Deadspace 2 Cross Promotion

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Welcome to the new world! If you buy EA's upcoming action title Dead Space 2, they'll throw in an extra bonus armour set for Dragon Age 2. Here's the post from the official site:
Gamers who purchase the upcoming title Dead Space™ 2, can 'bring the terror' to Dragon Age II with an exclusive 'Ser Isaac of Clarke' armor set. Modeled after Isaac Clarke’s signature rig, the 'Ser Isaac of Clarke' armor set includes body armor, boots, gauntlets and a helm, all of which carry extra benefits. Head over to our add-ons page for more information.
Ser Isaac of Clarke...*sigh* Thanks to Archmage Silver and Strategy Informer for writing in.
More information.

Wow that armor looks more than a little out of place - the helmet reminds me of bioshock almost as much as deadspace.

I'm thinking someone at these companies bases their idea of a logically consistent and immersive setting off of their experiences with World of Warcraft. It's like they don't get that the believability of the world is one of the persistent advantages of the single player game - so they insert thinly veiled and poorly imagined advertisements and call them "bonuses."

It begins to go on my nerves.

I have to admit: EA has done a lot of weird marketing, but I still did not see this one coming!

They also list the pre-order and original-purchase content there too if you haven't already seen it. Sometimes it's arguable whether these items are extras created after the game has gone gold and given as freebies to new-purchasers or whether they're just content they decided to withhold during the development process. This time it's a little less ambiguous.

Also these bonuses are less game changing than the ones from Dragon Age:Origins in that they are limited to items (some specific ones and some crafting recipes through the Black Emporium). I suppose if they're going to do this I'd rather have them do it with a few items and recipes (I rarely use crafting in these games) than with NPCs and sidequests (Shayle and Warden's Keep). Although it does sound like you don't get a dog in this one if you buy it used unless you buy it as DLC...

Thinking more about it... perhaps this is a clever plot to re-use art assets ?

Get a new character in Dragon Age 2 if you buy Mass Effect 3, Sergeant Shepard! Having all the artwork and animations already done for him it is pure profit for EA! Brilliant isn't it ?

Nevermind that this is just silly (I mean I'll probably get both games...but at a reduced price and definitely not for this nonsense). But...

The chest piece is Heavy Armor and requires high dexterity & cunning? I thought if you were a high dex class you wanted to be wearing light or medium armors? This is just me assuming here...I haven't played DA in a while and don't really remember how it works in that game. But heavy armor designed for high dex & cunning seems pretty odd.

The more I hear about the marketing of this title the more Im glad that I decided to wait a year or so and buy the ultimate edition for 25 bucks like I did for DA:O. Screw these guys.

Conspiracy theory or not, I have suddenly the suspicion it could have something to do with the probable ban of Dead space 2 here in Germany … I wrote elsewhere that EA tries to instrumentalize German gamers by providing them with a blank petition form from their (EA's !) homepage which can be used by gamers to protest against the decision to check the "18+" category used here in Germany. A game without it would be effectively banned, because it wouldn't be able for purchase anywhere, practically.

Doesn´t matter to me, my mother won´t allow me to buy Dead Space™ 2.

I have to admit: EA has done a lot of weird marketing, but I still did not see this one coming!

Indeed really weird...I would have understand another "BioWare" or "RPG" game, but Deadspace ?????

And this is different from the cross title Blood Dragon armour for Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age: Origins how exactly?

And this is different from the cross title Blood Dragon armour for Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age: Origins how exactly?

Like azarhal said: Same developmer and genre. Only the setting was different. In this case everything is difference, hence why it's so surprising. There is no relation whatsoever between Deadspace and Dragon Age other than sharing the same publisher.

In any case, I'm not going to start bashing it or anything - I just found it somewhat surprising. I really didn't see it coming, it was definitely a "HUH?" moment for me.

Like azarhal said: Same developmer and genre. Only the setting was different.
in b4 page 5.

In any case, it wasn´t much less ridiculous than this.
Pathetic marketing.

Last edited:
Every Item in DA2 is a bonus . EA is so good to us, What A JOKE ! Anyway , Im hearing a buzz that MAGIKA is coming to PC Feb 1, anybody hear anything ?

Back
Top Bottom