Sacred 2 - Review @ RealGamer

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Some strident criticism for Sacred 2 from RealGamer, although it doesn't appear the reviewer is keen on hack'n'slash games. The score is 6.6/10 and here's an early quote:
The opening hour ranks amongst one of the worst I've ever played in a high-profile title. Sacred 2 doesn't bother to get bogged down with the story until far beyond most players have lost hope of ever enjoying the thing, which isn't the best way to plan an opening. After your companion is ridiculously murdered by the weakling swing of a couple of enemy sword blades, it's your job to continue your friend's quest ¨C whatever that may be.

Later, things begin to get a bit more interesting, and the dynamics of it alter rather sweetly on repeat plays with different characters. Quests lead to places of intrigue and side-plots branch off satisfyingly, but it took me around five hours of playing to find anything of much interest. To be fair, this is the sort of classic RPG that could take hundreds of hours to see to completion ¨C but when the opening is as drab as that of Sacred 2, it's difficult to imagine anyone seeing it that far.
More information.

I agree with the assessment of the early game, but I am not so forgiving as the reviewer regarding the later game. I enjoyed the original Sacred so much that this sequel feels like a weak homage to the first. It's not a bad game by any means, but it just didn't take the title "to the next level" for me.

Just my opinion - worth little, I know :)

I'd rate this game 8/10, and could be patched up to 9/10, if the solve some ridiculus problems, like broken quests, missing "pause" function, slow trading, unbalanced gameplay, useless quest log...

It starts very slowly, but after a few hours relally gets interesting. It is heaven for kill-loot-upgrade lovers, and map is the bigest i've ever seen.
There are hundreds of quest, most of them are the usual, but there are some funny ones, like where you discover a UFO-base, or have to find the lost instruments of a rock band.

After 30 hours of play I discovered about the 20% of the map, so it is really huge.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom