Unofficial patch 1.3 released!

What file protection do you mean? I have a default install, I didn't set any additional file protection.

What file protection do you mean? I have a default install, I didn't set any additional file protection.

Isn't there something in Windows 7 that prevents programs from overwriting files?
Which the patch is doing…

I checked the patch installer, and it is asking for admin mode (UAC) if I starting it, so the installer should be all the rights needed for overwriting any files. And I tried to run Precursors with administrator mode as well. Any other game can save all the setting in my computer (e.g.:Stalker saves to shared documents too), and Precursors can write/modify files in the shared documents folder. It just don't want to read or save a few of them, like game difficulty or fsaa... :\

Precursors can write/modify files in the shared documents folder. It just don't want to read or save a few of them, like game difficulty or fsaa… :\

Then I'm out of ideas. Is this the official 1.1 version you are using? Because the 1.0 had some bugs in the executables which may have been fixed in the official patch.

Then I'm out of ideas. Is this the official 1.1 version you are using? Because the 1.0 had some bugs in the executables which may have been fixed in the official patch.

I installed Precursors, russian version first. I don't know if it is version 1.0 or 1.1. Then I installed Unofficial patch 1.3. Should I install the official 1.1 patch now? Your last changelog says: "Merged official 1.1 patch in and fixed minor text issues". Isn't this mean that your 1.3 patch is install the official 1.1 patch as well?

Isn't this mean that your 1.3 patch is install the official 1.1 patch as well?

No, I only merged the 1.1 text based fixes. To get the fixed executables of 1.1 you need to apply the official patch first and then my patch afterwards.

No, I only merged the 1.1 text based fixes. To get the fixed executables of 1.1 you need to apply the official patch first and then my patch afterwards.

Ok, I installed the official 1.1 patch and then your Unofficial patch 1.3. I checked the ownership, grant modify access to all users and the gam still don't saves the difficulty. And I found out that I can't change the ingame FSAA setting at all, because the game chang it back as soon as I exit to the main menu. The difficulty setting are stay till I quit the game. And go back to easy when I start the game again. Strange, because the game saves every other setting.
But I can live (play) without FSAA, and I can set the difficulty every time, so this is not a big problem at all. Thank for the help anyway!

Apparently there was a patch for the english release of The Precursors, which was integrated into the BeamDog release. Is the unofficial patch still necessary with this release?

That is probably the 1.1 patch which is separate from this patch.

Apparently there was a patch for the english release of The Precursors, which was integrated into the BeamDog release. Is the unofficial patch still necessary with this release?

Not at the moment, as the official 1.1 patch is based on the unofficial 1.3 version. But I plan to update the unofficial patch sooner or later ;).

So if I buy this now before the Gamersgate sale ends I should still use the 1.3 unofficial patch despite the game being updated? And do I still need the russian sounds pack?

me too, I went ahead and ran the 1.3 over 1.1 and am using the russian sound file since it's still twice as big, so I figure the english is still lacking.

me too, I went ahead and ran the 1.3 over 1.1 and am using the russian sound file since it's still twice as big, so I figure the english is still lacking.

As far as I know GFI wanted to make the Russian voices available as an optional download, but it seems as if both GamersGate and Beamdog just updated their whole game to 1.1 without offering a seperate 1.1 patch or the Russian voices.

As far as I know GFI wanted to make the Russian voices available as an optional download, but it seems as if both GamersGate and Beamdog just updated their whole game to 1.1 without offering a seperate 1.1 patch or the Russian voices.

This seems to be the case. Currently the Gamersgate version also has a registry createkey error on install, but the game still runs.

Back
Top Bottom