Pricewatch!

Yes.

-------------

For any latent Lara fans that havent played it, the remake of the original TR "Tomb Raider: Anniversary" is 5.00 this weekend on STEAM.

http://www.chip.de/artikel/CHIP-Online-Oster-Special_31221188.html

TuneUp Utilities 2008 full version for free!

Probably only German. Maybe somebody can test this.

TuneUp is a standard tuning program. It has one big advantage: The interface is clean and everything is well documented. Has been one of my favourites for years.

Some great deals over at GoGamer.com right now. You can get Space Rangers and Space Rangers 2: Reboot for $5.90 and $9.90 respectively.

I believe what they have listed as "Space Rangers" is actually the version that includes both SR1 and SR2, at least that's what the description says, despite the photo being of Space Rangers 1. I've emailed GoGamer and asked them to clarify.

Last edited:
Steam:

The Orange Box 9.99€
Drakensang 19.99€

Amazon.de

Game of the Week:

Drakensang (retail) for 14.99€.

Hmmm ... my link on that still shows $30.

Aspyr's GameAgent has DRM-infected versions of Stubbs the Zombie for $4.99, Anno 1701 and expansion for $10 each, and Mac version of Call of Duty 4 for $27.50.

Not still. Again. When I posted it on Sat. the price was 9.99 €/$.

Aspyr's GameAgent has DRM-infected versions of Stubbs the Zombie for $4.99, Anno 1701 and expansion for $10 each, and Mac version of Call of Duty 4 for $27.50.

Coincidently I just discovered GameAgent today. I've been looking for a new game called Cryostasis, and GameAgent is selling it cheap.

How is your experience with that website? Would you recommend it?

I would not recommend it because, as I say, it is heavily DRM infected. I did a CoD4 for Mac review where I talked about it:

The final thing I want to discuss is the DRM scheme if you buy the game online through Aspyr’s GameAgent service. DRM stands for ‘digital rights management’ and is a form of copy protection aimed at preventing piracy. If you buy the retail disk you simply install, enter your serial number and get to playing. Aspyr’s new GameAgent offers online purchase and secure download of select Aspyr games, with Call of Duty 4 being the first. The Mac forums caught fire when the game was released with complaints about download speed, failed downloads, failed installs and so on. This is to be expected for such a highly anticipated game on a new service. Anyone who bought Half-Life 2 through Steam right at release remembers this sort of thing well.

The concern for many users was that they would be chewing through their limited number of activations and downloads. This is because GameAgent uses a DRM system that limits the number of downloads, the time between purchase and download, the number of computers you can install the game on, and the number of activations. In detail, you can install the game on up to two computers, and activate up to ten times. There is no deauthorization method, so when you’re done you’re done. GameAgent offers an optional (i.e. costs additional money) ‘protection plan’ that allows for more downloads over a two-year time period. This system - download-limits, hardware-limits, and activation-limits - is the most … um … limited in the industry: Steam would still download and install a fresh copy of Half-Life 2 for me on my new laptop last week despite having installed and uninstalled it countless times on perhaps a dozen laptops over the last four years. Similarly Direct2Drive and GamersGate allow you to redownload games you bought once you have your account set up. Even EA games, which has similar limits for some things, allowed me to reinstall Crysis again despite having bought it last year and not added download protection.

Am I saying that GameAgent is anti-consumer? Yes. Buying the retail copy will allow you to install and uninstall without limit for all eternity so long as you have compatible hardware. We all know that this game is either already pirated or will be soon enough. Therefore this draconian system punishes one group: those who choose to buy it through GameAgent. That is really unfortunate - especially since shelf space for Mac games is almost non-existent. When I heard about GameAgent I was thrilled - Mac games need no longer be limited to a few online channels, but could be easily grabbed in digital form. Then I discovered that what was offered cost more than the retail copy and had a very short expiration period. Sadly, in this state I have to strongly recommend avoiding GameAgent at all possible costs. Forget convenience, buy from somewhere else.

Thanks Mike, I guess I've got a decision to make. I don't like the digital download route to begin with, and the DRM makes it even less appealing to me.... but they're currently offering that game for only $14.99.....:S

I know ... I almost bought it last night as well ... I am very torn over the whole thing.

Well....I took the bait. I figured what the hell - it's only 15 bucks.

Sloooow download though.... looks like I'll have it by tomorrow morning. If Cryostasis is half as good as it looks, it should be worth it.

*Edit* Played it for about an hour this morning. So far it has a very "budget" look and feel to it. I'm glad I didn't pay more for it.

Last edited:
I went to download Stubbs tonight, and had to jump through hoops (ordered on Netbook) ... had to find the order number through PayPal since I didn't get one from them ... annoying.

Found the *new* Sid Meier's Pirates! for 2 Euros at a local Woolworth shop today. :)
It's in the "Green Pepper" budget line.
And I assume that other Woolworth shops might have this as well.

[As a sidenote, my mother's family has the same second name as Sid has. ;) )

Just read in the current issue of the magazine "Computerbild Spiele" that the price for the PS2 has been lowered to 99 Euros.

The article says that Sony tries to "address younger customers" with that, whatever this means.

The PS2 seemingly still sells very well.

Amazon.de

The 3 DSA audio books released last year. On sale as mp3 download for an unbeatable 0.98€ each!

Back
Top Bottom