Lanista Wars:Titans - A New Co-Op RPG

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Lanista Wars:Titans is a new Co-Op survival RPG form a new developer called Dream Harvesters. The developer will be launching a kickstarter on the 16th of this week.

So look forward for more news later this week. For now here is a short video, and four new screenshots from the developer.

Lanista Wars is a co-op survival RPG where as a Lanista you will try to build a team among the best gladiators who will be equipped with the most legendary items you find or craft during the game.

After you form your team from a wide selection of gladiators coming from all over the world, you start to fight against troops of enemies in a co-op gameplay with your friends. This is a unique game which encourages you to become the best version of yourself. The goal is not just to survive but grow as a warrior in the arena where success comes with rewards. Finding or crafting the most unique and epic items in the arena is essential for the victory also. There are different arenas with various difficulty levels. You will only be able to complete a level by fighting with your mates.
More information.

I'm going to have to say: "Meh."
I will agree with you, but I was asked politely by the developers to post about the game. I always try to help out Indie studios regardless of what I think.^^

I will agree with you, but I was asked politely by the developers to post about the game. I always try to help out Indie studios regardless of what I think.^^

I appreciate that.

I never had a problem with you posting a variety of news pieces :)

In fact, I fully endorse it - though I have no power here.

Thanks for reviewing our game...

Thank you for your constructive critiques and comments. They are very important for us.

What we offered you so far is just a game play demo. However there will be PRG elements (crafting system, perk tree, etc) in the game with a deep story line when we get the necessary funding from Kickstarter. We are trying to create a game for everyone to enjoy.

We are trying to create a game for everyone to enjoy.

Don't.

This sentence guides development of every bland game, movie and book. Every major publisher tries to capture people as possible, leading to a sub par experience for everyone.

An upscale restaurant could serve vacuum sealed astronaut food and nourish all its patrons on the same single bland, tasteless, fare. They would all agree that they were fed, but few would return.

Figure out who you want your product to entertain and damn the rest. Unless you are only planning a one hit wonder, it will serve you better in the long run.

Well since the word Co-op automatically excludes me, I don't care whether it makes it or not. I'm in the group of millions of single-player crpg enthusiasts, as opposed to the group of hundreds of co-op crpg enthusiasts :)

I agree with focusing however. You need a strict focus and to pick your audience before you start. Don't just pick whatever group you think is largest either. Pick the group that matches your skillset. If you can't do awesome 3D and first person, don't choose the Skyrim group. You might want to pick the Sacred group instead.

Major Caveat:
I can only see embedded videos at RPGWatch, so I didn't see this.

Thank you for your constructive critiques and comments. They are very important for us.

What we offered you so far is just a game play demo. However there will be PRG elements (crafting system, perk tree, etc) in the game with a deep story line when we get the necessary funding from Kickstarter. We are trying to create a game for everyone to enjoy.

We've seen a lot of these types of games on Kickstarter. I check Kickstarter regularly and rarely fund this type of game, because there are a lot of good newer ones on the market, like Torchlight 2, Van Helsing, and Path of Exile. In addition there have been a large number on Kickstarter. I think its difficult with a hack & slay rpg to find a niche and convince people. Just speaking for myself, I have mostly kickstarted things that resemble RPGs that aren't made any more like Baldur's Gate, Wizardry, or Might and Magic. If I was trying to convince people to back a hack & slay game, I'd really try to emphasize what makes it different from the alternatives. I think you've got a tough road ahead, but wish you luck.

Hi there. Thanks for the comments.

We totally agree with you. Our game must have unique sides compared with others.

This video does only show the main gameplay which means it doesn' t include many of the RPG features that the game has. The main difference is about the position of player. Player is not the warrior itself. He/She has 3 different warriors and they can be swapped during the game. There will also be dynamic environments. So players will not only kill creeps but also they have to build strategies to progress.

There are other RPG features too(Perk tree, crafting system, etc.)

This video seems like it' s just a hack&slash game indeed, we, however, told all those features in our Kickstarter campaign. So please check the Kickstarter page to get the whole idea behind the game when it' s released.

Is there a SP campaign? Or is it strictly co-op?

Hi everyone,

Our project LanistaWars:Titans is live on Kickstarter.

Please check it out to see the full story of the project.

Back
Top Bottom