New TDE game in the works

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Hello, everyone,

after reading a few rumors, it's now semi-official : There is a new TDE game in the works ! And no, it isn't "Demonicon", since the newsletter I just received speaks of a premiere ... Which means that it is the first time that it will be presented.

The revelation will take place on the Dreieich Con, according to the newsletter [side-note : "Drei-Eich" means "three oak" in English language. The town where this convention takes place has this name.]

Apart from that, I know absolutely nothing about it.
And since the Dreieich Con takes place only at 20th-21st of November, we've got to wait for more news until then.

Alrik

Interesting.

The popular Author Mark Wachholz is the new editor for TGE-Computer games at Chromatrix.
He was fired from Ulisses (TDE-Publisher) earlier this year.

At this moment Chromatrix is holding all TDE-Computer-Gaming-Licenses.

Nice to know, since Drakensang is basically dead.

I really felt in love in with the ruleset. It feels even better than AD&D at times. Though it has it's weaknesses too.

It feels even better than AD&D at times. Though it has it's weaknesses too.

+1 for better than AD&D. I love the low magic of this world.

I love me some AD&D, but sometimes it just seems silly with all the magic weapons out there.

It really depends on the DM, but I guess since 3rd ed. of D&D they expect campaigns to be high magic. In 2nd ed. the campaigns I played, we had so few items with us that we even gave names to our weapons. I guess it all went crazy in 3rd ed. when anybody could make magic items, so you would create characters specifically designed to use specific items.

It really depends on the DM, but I guess since 3rd ed. of D&D they expect campaigns to be high magic. In 2nd ed. the campaigns I played, we had so few items with us that we even gave names to our weapons. I guess it all went crazy in 3rd ed. when anybody could make magic items, so you would create characters specifically designed to use specific items.

Ah those were the days! I remember getting a +2 dagger as a 7th-8th level magic user in a 2nd ed. campaign …the DM gave me a handcrafted sheet, with the weapon history, caligraphic text etc etc. I treasured that dagger! I also had a spell book *cough* with my precious few spells transcribed in full detail, notes etc. Later, in V 3.0, well, magic was just everywhere and it def became less special. It does depend a lot on the DM though.

I see DS:TRoT is scheduled for release in SAfrica at the end of the month. I look forward to that and whatever this new game might be (although I suppose that's still a long way off).

Last edited:
So what did the newsletter say?

Really not much more than I already wrote :

Chromatrix lädt zur Premierenvorstellung eines neuen in Entwicklung befindlichen DSA-Computerspiels für PC. Designer und Autoren des bis dahin noch ungenannt bleibenden Entwicklungsstudios werden weltweit erstmalig am 20.11.2010 um 20 Uhr auf der Dreieich-Con Informationen zum Spiel präsentieren und sich den Fragen der DSA-Spieler stellen.

Demonicon

BTW, what's the state of Demonicon?

It's nice to read about those memories. :)

Kalypso has seemingly taken over development. It is rumored that its shape (of the game) was unexpectedly very rough when the developer was bought by Kalypso.

What a dissapointment. :( I'm afraid that we have to wait another decade for the next series of TDE games... Well, at least Demonicon is in the works though hopefully it manages to get out Germany more easily than other RPGs made there.

I'm afraid that we have to wait another decade for the next series of TDE games…

Sorry, but technically speaking, these are the wrong words.

This IS an TDE game - just not an RPG.

It's a try to break out from the RPG formula jut to try something new.

And I had thought of it even in the old Attic forums (which are long, long gone now), and - as I was reminded by him - talked about it with the "boss" of Chromatrix (who hold the general video games TDE license, if I undersood it correctly - on the RPC in 2009.

Here in Germany, Adventure games are - compared to other countries - still relatively "big", so this is a good investment, I think.

It might have less sales than RPGs, I think, but a 3D RPG consumes much, much more development costs anyway than a 2D adventure, I believe (although I'm not an economist).

Back
Top Bottom