Dungeon Runners

Sorcha Ravenlock

Sentinel
Is anybody here BETA testing it? What's it like?

A free to download, free to play MMORPG that is firmly tongue-in-cheek sounds like fun! :D

http://www.dungeonrunners.com/

The different traits and skills of the classes is a good example of the humor:

Each character class starts with four skills, two Traits which are passive and two Offensive Skills that the player can use in combat.
Fighter:

Offensive Skills:

* Butcher - A savage melee attack with that increases your Attack Rating, deals additional melee damage to your target, and knocks them down.
* Righteous Stomp - A wave of holiness that knocks back any enemies within close proximity and deals divine damage over time to each.

Traits:

* Way of the Roo - You were raised by a semi-domesticated pack of kangaroos that taught you the secret art of Kung Roo. Their teachings have provided you with an innate ability that gives you 25% increased speed with all melee weapons.
* Health Nut - You have spent more time in the gym than entire sports teams combined. You have the ideal human physique. The downside - you have a hard time reading your name, much less writing it. For every point of Endurance you gain almost 38 Hit Points. The endless focus on your body has deprived your brain of exercise. Every point assigned to Intellect will only give you 9 Mana

Ranger:

Offensive Skills:

* Poison Shot - A ranged attack that causes poison damage over time to the target. Requires a ranged weapon to use.
* Gaseous Blast - Emits a fetid cloud that causes poison damage over time to enemies within the proximity of rancid cloud.

Traits:

* Trigger Happy - You have a nervous twitch with your trigger finger resulting from a “work-related” accident involving a branding iron, a penguin, and a large bucket of coffee beans. Your memory of the accident is hazy, but the twitch comes in handy with ranged weapons, giving you the innate ability of 25% increased speed with all ranged weapons.
* Mediocrity - Congratulations, you are average! You aren't great, but you don't suck either. No sense in rocking the boat and changing the status quo. You gain 12 Mana per Intellect point and 25 Health per Endurance point. Keep up the average work, and don't push yourself any harder than you have to.

Mage:

Offensive Skills:

* Fire Bolt - Shoots a bolt of fire at your enemies, causing intense fire damage.
* Shadow Lightning - Strikes a target with a powerful bolt of lightning, which leaps to up to 5 enemies and deals] shadow damage to each.

Traits:

* Mental Prowess - Mommy dropped you on your head a lot less than the other kids. This has left you with a killer noggin! In other words, you have the innate ability to have 20% increased damage from all spells that you cast.
* Bookworm - You have spent most of your life in libraries reading on subjects ranging from thermodynamic entropy to increasing profitability for broccoli farmers below the Tropic of Unicorn – all of which was written in iambic pentameter...

Thy's studies have granted unto thee; twenty-four points of Mana
per point of Intellect. Fye, toil and work amidst the library of wealth
has stricken thee, with small heart and lack of stamina
One point of Endurance gains thou nineteen points of Healt

hehe :D

Hehe, so they only have 3 character types or is this for the Beta?

Weird I can't look at the forum post to try to get a better idea about the game not much info on the mainpage.

Yes, I think they only have 3 character types. Since it is a BETA, that might change, but I get the feeling it is very much a diablo-esque type rPG, simple hack'n'slash. :) The intresting thing is that there is no healing class, I wonder what that means for the gameplay...

The forum seems to be members-only, I can't see it either. I am hoping to get a trial key somewhere, so I cn get some more info going on the game.

I only found out about this game yesterday myself, but it does sound great for the people who would like to play a MMORPG occasionally, without having to pay a monthly fee or having to deal with incredibly broken English (I'm looking at you, Flyff and Rappelz). If a get a trail key, I'll keep you guys informed.

Referral chain would be kickass. I'd say this forum is bit more civilized and coherrent than *cough* gamefaqs for example.

If I get trail key, I will give one to someone here, to pass on to anybody else here who wants to try.
Hubbie allready reserved one, and so did one of my Guild Wars guildies, hehe.

So far I've had no luck though :(

I noticed about No healing also, must be potions or somesuch.

Found some post sounds very much like Diablo 2.
" I played an early beta and my thoughts are as follows:

* Not a typical modern MMO, so don't expect epic quests.. Its more a fancy diablo clone but with some added humour..
* The interface might as well by WOW, this was the major put off for me.. very major."

"the game is the typical grinder ..

i´m at lvl 15 now and all i can do for getting any further (next dungeon lvl 18+ -> all mobs resistend to my attacks) is farming mobs

the biggest problem of the game is the lag .. everythings laggy .. even your own movement + the overall fuxxord controll

its not that great as i thought "

Sounds like Guild Wars would be better, well just from reading post.
Though the game is free and only cost $5 a month if I read correctly.

I got a beta key from a friend, but even the friend I got it from, along with a few others think it's a horrible game. After their scathing remarks, I didn't even download it.

I've been playing it most of the day, and think it is great fun.

If you are looking for a latest-graphics, deep, involved MMORPG, this is not it. If you are looking for some good old simple hack'n'slash fun with friends, similar to Dungeon Siege 1 and Diablo, this is a great game.
It is an RPG-lite, best played with a (group of) friend(s), and not to be taken too seriously.
At least, that's my initial impression.

Yes, the graphics are dated, the storyline non-existent and the character development is as deep as Paris Hilton. But, it is easy to pick up and play, a great casual game for people who do not want to spend 15 dollar a month on a grindfest, or lose all their free time to a MMORPG.

Hubbie tried it as well, and seemed to like it :)

Ive actually been having great fun with quick-to-play el cheapo titles lately (FastCrawl,Medieval Conquest), and Ive had my eye on this one for a while.

I do not play betas, but when the real deal hits, I'm up for some dungeon-running.

BTW - Snazzy new avatar, Sorcha ='.'=

Thanks, Samhain ;)

I've been in a similar mood, I've been playing Diablo2 AND Sacred at the same time, on top of Dungeon Runners :) DR is a good game for that sort of mood.

Sometimes I feel like deep, enngaging gameplay, but at the moment I'm into anything that has combat that resembles popping bubblewrap :D

Sorry to necro this, but does anyone have any referrals? I saw that they did some more, and I'd like to take a loot at it.

I have referrals available if anyone needs one. Shoot me a PM and I will send you one.

Anyone have a free key left?

I have got a free trial key from mmorpg.com but dont try it out.
mmorpg.com always give away free trial key for some new games, register the site
You advertise Chinese gold sellers in your sig. Boo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom