Minecraft

Figured out what the problem was. With crushing, you need to have the block above the waist, if it's just crushing the legs it does nothing. That's why the pig died, it's all down on that level.

So i moved the piston up one block, and viola - i throw the switch and all i hear are the death throes of the zombies! I went and made one side of the shaft glass so that I could see the victims if i wanted (this time it was 2 zombies and a creeper), and added a steel door and lever at the bottom for loot retrieval once the monster-masher is retracted.

My work is done, I can go to bed now ='.'=

Attachments

• trapdoor06.jpg
    trapdoor06.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 78
  • trapdoor07.jpg
    trapdoor07.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 78
  • trapdoor08.jpg
    trapdoor08.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 77
Congrats :)!

I never seem to play a world long enough to get to make really cool stuff. :p

Hopefully now that it's stabilised I'll finally keep going without feeling the need to build a new world all the time!

kinda bummed, i wasnt able to play at all yesterday. Maybe i can get some in at lunch today, i started an entirely new world here and work and trying to make my way in a very dangerous snowy hardscrabble area. Creepers everywhere.

Just one hour, that's all I need. I'm addicted!

I finally broke down and bought Minecraft this week. Thus far, I've generated about a half-dozen worlds, learning a bit more as I went along.

My current world, I've been building a sandstone tower, and digging down into the earth below. I've finished about 3 floors, and started working on the second above ground floor, but stopped to mine for materials.
2012-03-10_140310.png

At one point, the attic floor was floating, connected by absolutely nothing, while the roof was supported only by the two columns in the front, which connect to the otter edge of the roof. I found it hilarious that the entire thing was able to be constructed essentially backwards, with no support or framework whatsoever.

Last edited:
Of the building materials, only sand and gravel have physics, i.e. will drop to the next available block underneath. Though during world generation, flying blocks of sand may be generated. They will drop the moment you touch them, however. Other flying blocks are generated as well, so sometime there are small flying islands :). Just love it. - By the way: Your spoiler looks fine, very comfy.

@Sam: I once started out in a snowy place, too. Farming was a horror, I had to build a roof to protect my crops, after I had found seeds, and place many torches to give them enough light to grow. Snowfall destroyed my food all the time before I realized this.

In my most recent world I spawned in a snowy forest. Thankfully there was a nice, temperate area of rolling hills not too far away. And then a thriving jungle just past that. Interesting climate! :p

It's the first time I've not spawned right next to a large body of water.

Of the building materials, only sand and gravel have physics, i.e. will drop to the next available block underneath. Though during world generation, flying blocks of sand may be generated. They will drop the moment you touch them, however. Other flying blocks are generated as well, so sometime there are small flying islands :). Just love it. - By the way: Your spoiler looks fine, very comfy.

@Sam: I once started out in a snowy place, too. Farming was a horror, I had to build a roof to protect my crops, after I had found seeds, and place many torches to give them enough light to grow. Snowfall destroyed my food all the time before I realized this.

Yeah, I noticed this. The sand pit where I've been harvesting sand and sandstone has dropped stacks on my head more than a few times.

Thinking of starting over, this time actually paying attention to the size of the base so it isn't lopsided.

One thing I'm wondering is if sugar cane has any use? I have several stacks of it piling up, as that's my only crop right now. All my other food comes from hunting critters and eating them, at least until I get a few more chickens and have a steady supply.

Sugarcane can be used to make paper, which has a few uses (books, map, etc). It can also be used to make sugar, which is useful for baking and brewing. See wiki here

I have some on my farm along the edge of my pond, it has a nice look, like bamboo or something.

Last edited:
Well I am pissed. I tried to buy game for my grandson under a different email address using a gift card and my debit card and no go. Seems their moneybrokers site can not process anything other then a credit card or paypal. (Neither of which I have atm.)
They need to fix that IMHO. Pain to sit trying to buy the game and get rejected with no explaination. I hit the forums and found out I was not alone and it seems to be because of the UK location versus USA so charges can not be processed. I posted at the site but doubt that will fix anything soon. :cm:

Wooden planks in different colors are fine, but I want to be able to craft wooden things in different colors as well (right now all crafted wooden things take on the oak wood hue, regardless of the type of planks they were crafted from). Hope Jeb implements this soon. I mean, I know he wants to do this, but I hope this has at least some kind of priority.

Wooden planks in different colors are fine, but I want to be able to craft wooden things in different colors as well (right now all crafted wooden things take on the oak wood hue, regardless of the type of planks they were crafted from). Hope Jeb implements this soon. I mean, I know he wants to do this, but I hope this has at least some kind of priority.

Does it need to be wood? Wool can be dyed in a myriad of colors.

I use colored wool for stuff like carpets, but wood is different. You can craft doors, fences, gates, bowls etc. from wood, but not from wool.
They already implemented four different types of wood which give four different types of planks, but whatever is crafted from these planks is always the same shade which is a pity (I think). When I use wooden planks for shutters, wooden fences for my garden and wooden doors for my house, I'd like these elements to be of the same color. As it is right now, fences and doors are always made of oak wood while the shutters can be made of jungle planks, oak planks, birch planks or spruce planks. I'd love to have spruce (or jungle, or birch ... ) fences and doors as well.

Back
Top Bottom