Two Worlds - Impressions

LOL

From a rather cynical point of view - well, yes. ;)

Hey, does anyone know what choosing the "hard" difficulty changes other than the fact that you don't respawn at a shrine?

Do the monsters do more damage, etc?

Yes, as a matter of fact I do. Lol, Appalachian State?

1.) I'm looking at the positive side, this should finally rid us of Loyd Carr, I guarantee you he won't be coaching UM next year. He should have been fired 2 years ago.

2.) Be careful, you still have to play us. :)

I have to go into the inventory to change from melee to distance when in a battle. Seems too hardcore so I'm missing something. The manual says x or c to change weapons but nothing happens. A bug or I didn't study enough? I restarted on easy due to getting clobbered and senility.

I have yet to work out how to use the extra (f8-10) quickslots!! The manual is totally wrong!!

I have yet to work out how to use the extra (f8-10) quickslots!! The manual is totally wrong!!

It ends up being sort of right, but it basically seems that part of balancing magic was making it a pain in the butt to have anything but 3 spells to use.

Then how do you put anything in those slots? 3 spells is NOT enough when trying to play as a mage type. Unless you park at a magic shrine, you need good melee skills!!

I played the Two Worlds demo and hated it and deleted it after about 20 minutes. But on recommendation from a friend, I picked up the US release, version 1.5, and it's like a completely different game. It's REALLY good, IMO, but it takes 5-10 hours to figure out what the game is about. Oh well, the only reason I'm trying to sell this game is because I've put a fair amount of time into it and think it's outstanding.

I would like to emphasize this statement for many of those who have played the demo and turned away from 2 Worlds. My experience was, played the demo for 20 minutes and was unimpressed. Later, bored, I played through the demo and liked it quite a bit more. Went to the store to buy Bioshock, which I knew wouldn't run all that well or look all that good on my box, saw Two Worlds and bought it instead. The actual game is really better than what the demo indicates. I'm quite happy with it.

I rank it above Oblivion for gameplay and ahead of Gothic 3. G1 and G2 are of course a lot better games, but 2W is pretty good.

Then how do you put anything in those slots? 3 spells is NOT enough when trying to play as a mage type. Unless you park at a magic shrine, you need good melee skills!!

If you hit F8-10, then choose a spell you want to slot and press the number 1-8 it will be put in there. *However* when you use that it will not get all of the boosters applied, nor will it stack.

I tried that and it didn't work; nothing appeared in the slot!!

@sealight4: the default keys to cycle through your equipped weapons are 'R' and 'T' I believe. Also, you can change/add what keys you want to do this with in the options.

@corwin: the way I read you have to do it (playing a melee/bow type first time through, so haven't tried this yet) is that you have to actually put the spells into the amulet, then hotkey them to a place in the customizable hotbars (f8-f10), and then change the amulet back to the spells you want in the primary spots on the f7 bar. And, as txa said, if you use the hotkey on a spell that is no longer in your amulet, you loose any booster (and possibly stacking?) bonuses that were on it when you hotkeyed it. Plus, I think it screws with what's in the last slot of your amulet, or something like that. Definitely a part of the interface that is not well designed at all. Why in the world they thought 3 spells in the amulet would be OK is beyond me.

Yep, doing that worked, but it's basically useless!! Poor design!!

I was actually having some fun with Two Worlds until I attempted to tackle the main plot. What a let down. I haven't been this disappointed since Gothic 3.

I'll give it a C+

I have done very little with the main plot, my 'sister' seems fine and the other quests are much more interesting. I'll rescue her later when I'm not so busy!! :)

Back
Top Bottom