Civilization:Beyond earth announced

Nonono, I want to go the OTHER way! I like having one or two hundred turns to explore and get set up before I even see other players. Especially in a new game where I've got new rules to learn.

Not bad, but not much new either. The idea of modding units based on the three different affinities is a nice idea, but a really shallow mechanic since many units only offer 1 really different choice based on the affinity. I do like the tech web over a tech tree, but the impact is minimal. The UI should have done a better job explaining how to get some of the different victories (Promised Land/Contact) as it took me awhile to figure out what the heck I was supposed to do after finishing the buildings.

They need to fix the ui for the tech trees. Everything being grey sucks.

Not bad, but not much new either. The idea of modding units based on the three different affinities is a nice idea, but a really shallow mechanic since many units only offer 1 really different choice based on the affinity.

I don't like new unit upgrade system that much.All perks are removed from leveling up unit and put into affinity choices.I liked old system more because you could pick perk which is works for you better at that moment.

They need to fix the ui for the tech trees. Everything being grey sucks.
Agreed.They could really used more colors. Overall I think that Civ 5 had better UI.

Lot more options to specialize your nation.

Are they relevant? Endless legend come with tons of features that overlapse and for most of them are redundant.

Is worth acquiring one option over another to suit a specific strategy?

I agree about the tech tree UI. That's downright pitiful - and I can't imagine playtesters not reporting such a profound issue.

This whole thing smells like a bit of a rush-job catering to poor SMAC fans expecting something similarly unique from BE.

Are they relevant? Endless legend come with tons of features that overlapse and for most of them are redundant.

It all depends on where your starting location is and which material is most abundant to you.

If you have xenomass-harmony
If you have floatstone-purity
If you have firaxite-supremacy.

You will need one of those three to defend late game or your cities will go down easy.

Some of them can be deciding.
Rushing wonders was always big in Civ games and virtue that gives you 15% production towards the wonders is naturally big thing.
On the other hand going deep into science will allow you to hit affinity levels before before enemy.Upgraded units have big advantage so hitting affinity level before enemy and declaring war means you will have decent advantage especially when you hit levels where you upgrade several units at once it practically means you won the war.

Although this things are more relevant in multiplayer than vs AI.

I tried the demo for a couple minutes, just to see what it looks like and WoW... what a letdown that was ! A real deception to see how badly the product is showcased. Moreover most everything I've seen seems to be a modded Civ 5 version ! Very deceiving and I won't buy, that's for sure !

Well, another product with bad user reviews but good paid reviews! Glad I checked here before buying!

Well I agree the game looks, and plays like a Civilization mod. Though I'm not surprised as Firaxis Games always released a few games like this with other civilization games.

Having said that I had fun playing the game, and do recommend buying it. Just make sure to wait for the eventual Steam sale in a few months from now.:)

This is the best game of the past ten years or so. It just oozes atmosphere and has so much depth to it. I've already got 36 hours logged and will undoubtedly put more into it. Had to forfeit a lot of sleep though, good thing these gems are rare.

The only thing that's really bothering me about the game so far is that I can't pick the factions to play against. You'll fight them all and that's that - unless I'm missing some advanced option somewhere. (I think Alpha Centauri was the same way, actually.)
Aren't those under the advanced options? I'm pretty sure they are. You can customize just everything about your games in this game.

OH! There it is! I didn't see the advanced settings button in the upper right when it asks for your sponsor.

BTW, there's already a colorful tech tree mod out.

Well if anyone is interested in playing the Linux & OS versions the developer handling the port posted a new update on the The Game Agent Blog.
Our current focus is on improving performance. So far performance has been the biggest development hurdle as we’re facing an engine based on Direct X 11 vs. Direct X 9, which Civilization V was based on. This upgrade means lots of new driver issues and development hurdles for the team. This is also why our current preliminary system requirements are much higher than Civilization V or the Windows PC version of Beyond Earth. However, our development team is extremely good at what they do, and we expect to make significant strides in performance improvement over the next several weeks.

A new gameplay trailer for the Rising Tide expanion was posted by Firaxis.

Watch the E3 behind-closed-doors gameplay demonstration of Rising Tide, the exciting expansion to Civilization: Beyond Earth. View new oceanic gameplay, sponsors, alien life forms, units and more.

A New Frontier begins Fall 2015.
And for those using Internet Explorer here is the video link.

Link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBjKGPKqiMM

Meh.
Isn't high time for something more original?

Not really as I love playing these games and others also it seems.;)

At least this is a full expansion and not some online /co-op DLC like the Farcry games.:p

does this make it any good now? I haven't heard anything good about it. Mind you, I didn't like Civ 5 and I am baffled why people think its any good now.

I am in the mood for some good turn-based strategy. My back log is huge in this area. I typed it all in but it got lost buy the damn blocker. Grrrrrr.

Any recommendations?

Back
Top Bottom