The TV Series discussion thread

The Killing is axed. Again.
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/09/10/the-killing-is-axed-again/

Honestly I didn't watch that remake and dunno why ppl complain, I mean… What wasn't solved unlike the original? In fact I don't care. Serves them right.
From wiki:
On 8 Apr 2011, Sofie Gråbøl, the star of the Danish series, was interviewed on the BBC Radio 4 programme Woman's Hour, where she explained the American remake was necessary because Americans "for some reason cannot read subtitles, or they don't want to." Gråbøl herself has made a guest appearance in one episode of the American show playing a minor role.

And the original danish series? I hope there will be more of it, as I've said before in another post, it's a masterpiece:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0826760/

———————

Some new series that are set for this fall could be interesting.

(Marvel's) Agents of SHIELD:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=T3T-evQZiQo

The Blacklist:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9_qgX7pTlc#t=19

The Tomorrow People:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwXVsRUi53k

———————

Talking about cancelling…
Now you all know how Fox and others work, they follow godknowsfromwhere number of viewers and then renew the show. Or, in most cases, cancel it.

Netflix recently opened the service also for Netherlands. And now they want to offer stuff to the people, so what they did? Did they study "viewership" numbers or some similar crap? No. They studied what stuff is the most pirated and are going to offer that!
http://torrentfreak.com/netflix-uses-pirate-sites-to-determine-what-shows-to-buy-130914/

While a bit controversial move, let's be real, who cares for Fox' numbers and their cancelling Firefly, what the audience really wants to watch is probably heavily pirated.

———————

A genuine WTF moment is seeing Emmy nominations for the best actress:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/tv_editorial/news/1928140/2013_emmy_awards_nominations/?hub=15

I'm not saying those are not deserved, but hell, why they ignored Tatiana Maslany this year? Because she can wipe them all with her role in some sci fi series and not a yucky drama?

Last edited:
Holy jesus juice, I just watched last Sunday's episode of Breaking Bad. Quite possibly the best single hour of tv I've seen since the Wire was on. Holy moly.
I don't know how tonight's episode could ever top it, or the series finale for that matter.

-Carn

Holy jesus juice, I just watched last Sunday's episode of Breaking Bad. Quite possibly the best single hour of tv I've seen since the Wire was on. Holy moly.
I don't know how tonight's episode could ever top it, or the series finale for that matter.

This season has been incredible from the start imo. It's depressing to know that there are only two episodes left for this show.

Tonight's episode was a bit mundane compared to last weeks....lots set up for next weeks finale, I suppose. I'll be completely disappointed if I don't see Walt cut loose on those rednecks with his M60....and then get blown away himself for the scumdealing drug pos that he is. In my fantasy, the rednecks wound him, then Walt Jr shows up and stabs him in the face like 40 times.

-Carn

What can we say about breaking bad. Amazing drama that after the end of season 4 i couldn't think that could get better.

These last 6 episodes are top level that few series can reach.

Tonight's episode was a bit mundane compared to last weeks….lots set up for next weeks finale, I suppose. I'll be completely disappointed if I don't see Walt cut loose on those rednecks with his M60….and then get blown away himself for the scumdealing drug pos that he is. In my fantasy, the rednecks wound him, then Walt Jr shows up and stabs him in the face like 40 times.

You obviously have a very different take on Walter White than I do.

Not sure how they're going to tie up so many loose ends in a single episode. I hope the finale is longer than the standard 1 hour.

On a side note: Breaking Bad just won the Emmy for best drama series. It blows my mind that this is the first season it won even though it's been nominated multiple times.

I must admit that I never understood why THIS title ??? WTF ???

I mean - it should've been a drama or a sitcom about a Bakery … Similar to Faulty … err, Fawlty Towers (Faulty Towels ???) , maybe …

I must admit that I never understood why THIS title ??? WTF ???

I mean - it should've been a drama or a sitcom about a Bakery … Similar to Faulty … err, Fawlty Towers (Faulty Towels ???) , maybe …

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Breaking_Bad

The term to "break bad" is American Southwest slang meaning to turn against one's previously lawful lifestyle for one of criminal acts, usually at the cost of someone else's life or well-being.

Which is what the main character does at the beginning of the series.

You obviously have a very different take on Walter White than I do.

Not sure how they're going to tie up so many loose ends in a single episode. I hope the finale is longer than the standard 1 hour.

On a side note: Breaking Bad just won the Emmy for best drama series. It blows my mind that this is the first season it won even though it's been nominated multiple times.

I'm hoping this will one of the first series where the ending is completely unhappy. That is (spoilers just in case):

1. Jessie never escapes from the meth lab & is eventually killed (personally I think it would have been all right to end his story with the scene where they chained him in the lab & told him to get to work)
2. Family doesn't forgive him
3. Walt's attempt to hit the Brotherhood fails miserably. Such as, he is shot and killed before getting through the gates. If he manages to assemble some mercenary group to help I will be very disappointed.

Re: last night's episode:
Obviously Jesse's time is borrowed, after killing his motivation to tow the line I expect they'll let him suffer in his cell until he dies. However, I suspect when weaseling his way into "one last cook" he'll set the whole place ablaze. That will be disappointing.

I was shocked by the execution. Todd is scary, but I don't think he's (yet) as sociopathic as his cronies in the Aryan Brotherhood. The scene in Holly's nrusery was horrifying. Also, at the end when Uncle Jack said "remember there's still the kid" did that mean Todd had to go back in & shoot him, or that Jesse better behave or they'll kill Brock? I wonder if in the next episode Todd will decide to shoot Uncle Jack & his friends instead?

Todd is, by far, the most dangerous person on the show. That's not an opinion, that's just a fact. As for him ever turning on his uncle or friends, I don't see that happening. Did you see the sheer PRIDE he exuded when they were listening to Jesse's whining/crying/bitchfest tape?? He took joy in Jesse telling the tale about Todd shooting that kid in the desert, I swear I saw pride on his face.

And as for Walt, I always gave him the benefit of the doubt that he was honest about what he said about taking care of his family. The vaneer that covered Walt is now gone, he's been revealed for what he really is: a stark-raving egomaniac. He doesn't give a damn for his family, sending Flynn (and yes, that's the kids' name because he is, for damn sure, nothing like his pop) the 100k was simply an overt form of control, what he's always done to his family. I only hope that, in the finale, Walt dies in a manner that I said earlier OR....and this would be even better, he simply takes a wound with the Aryan brotherhood, winds up in prison doing Otto duty for the rest of his life. Oh, and maybe being in prison cures his cancer so he can enjoy general pop a bit longer =)))

-Carn

I lost much of my interest in the show when Walt started with Gus. I don't care what excuse the writers gave him, he was creating meth for the entire Southwest and deserved no sympathy whatsoever.

Walt is intelligent but incredibly naive and self-centered; I just want him to die now. I'll be content if he dies alone without even managing to get to the Aryan brotherhood - at least those guys are written with some sense; Walt, on the other hand, is some kind of wannabe kingpin with his head in the sand.

The show is good but I don't personally understand all the rave reviews labeling it "the best show on television ever!"

Aye Drith, I agree that Walt is smart and that BB isn't the best show on tv. For me, that honour would go to either Twin Peaks or the Sopranos, BB is decent but not all that, imo. It would make my top 10, I think.

-Carn

I'm pretty sure it's being compred to shows that aired during the same time, not shows from previous decades. ;)

Imo there hasn't been another drama lately that's even close to Breaking Bad. Mad Men is really good, but it doesn't grab me the same way. I also really like The Walking Dead, but the acting is not on the same level.

Its amazing the love affair the media seems to have now with these R rated cable shows that no one seems to watch. I was actually surprised that Jeff Daniels won the emmy but then I thought about what kind of of show Newsroom is, and since Breaking Bad has become super popular in its final season its actually counts against it. I actually mix it up with Sons of Anarchy because its another show of the same vein I won't watch.

emmies seemed to get blasted this year on the twitterverse. that's the first time I've seen that award show get seriously blasted. the only other time the twitter crowd made sense was during one of the first time Mark Zuckerberg an interview Steve Jobs style and everyone was twitterbombing how many questions he was avoiding.

New Fall season is upon us. I do look forward to The Blacklist tonight and hope they're doing something about Country not taking over the Voice again this season. I am concerned about all the ads Blacklist was getting. I hope Revolution is better this season. I heard the moved shooting from NC to Texas.

I personally have no idea how Daniels beat Cranston out for the emmy. I've seen the Newsroom, it is mildly entertaining, but it has no where near the calibre of acting that Breaking Bad does. And Homeland...I mean I love Clara but there is no way in hell that she outacts people from the Good Wife. Again, Homeland is ok but that lead person would never EVER be affiliated with the CIA. A padded cell somewhere, maybe at best.

-Carn

And what were the idiots on twitter blasting exactly?

Dunno about twitter as I'm not a member of any spying social network, but I'm blasting idiotically here about just one name several posts above.
Honestly, just because of that, I don't really care where did emmies go this year.

What shows are you referring to?

And what were the idiots on twitter blasting exactly?

Shows such as The Sopranos, Sex and the City, and yes, Breaking Bad.

the idiots on twitter were blasting the idiots that ran the emmy's for being boring and too somber with all the tributes and for giving Jeff Daniels best actor in a drama over Breaking Bad guy. it was bad enough for Doogie Howser to tweet out he was glad it was over. I don't know, I didn't watch the emmies and I don't tweet. However, one reporter points out that CBS's Football game ran 3 minutes long and is probably the source of the highest ratings since 2007.

Dunno about twitter as I'm not a member of any spying social network, but I'm blasting idiotically here about just one name several posts above.
Honestly, just because of that, I don't really care where did emmies go this year.

Whom is that?

Back
Top Bottom