BioWare - New Mass Effect Game Details

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Bioware was at Comic-Con 2014, and shared a few more details about the next Mass Effect. I couldn't find a video so the images with the articles will have to be enough.

IncGamers - New Mass Effect details from ComicCon, Mako returns and more
The Mass Effect panel at San Diego’s ComicCon has proved to be of far more interest than the underwhelming showing at E3 2014. Unlike that rather rubbish E3 video, this event had actual information about the next game in the Mass Effect series.

There was still plenty of vagueness and hints of course, but a couple of concrete details were mentioned. Incidentally, IncGamers is not at the San Diego event so I’m getting this all second hand from the Nerd Appropriate twitter account (who was watching the panel.)
Hardcore Gamer also posted two short articles from the panel.

HardcoreGamer - First Glimpse of Male and Female Armor Designs in Next Mass Effect
During Bioware’s “Charting a Course: Developing the Next Mass Effect” panel at Comic-Con, the first glimpse of male and female armor in the next Mass Effect (which was stressed not to be called “Mass Effect 4 ;) were shown off.
HardcoreGamer - Mako Returns to Mass Effect 4
During Bioware’s “Charting a Course: Developing the Next Mass Effect” panel at Comic-Con, it was announced that the fan-favorite “Mako” vehicle will make its return to Mass Effect 4. No word on if it will differ from past games, but its visual aesthetic certainly seems sleeker.
More information.

Last edited:
IncGamers - New Mass Effect details from ComicCon, Mako returns

Guys, yes it's EA, yes it'll have scam DLC again, yes I hate plotholes and redgreenblue ending, yes name any negative thing that exists in gaming and you'll find it in ME games.

But Mako is back. Exploration is back. I'm serious:
Instabuy.

Last edited:
One mako cannot absolve the abortion that was Mass Effect 3. Pass! I require thousands of apologies first, then I'll think about it. Sincere apologies at that!

You won't get an apology from me. Maybe not your cup of tea but it was very good (me2 was the best)

Abortion or abomination ?

The proof will be in the pudding. Mako can easily exist with no (meaningful) exploration and there will be a chilly day in hell when I'll trust EA/BioWare marketing.

Without more details or gameplay Mako return doesnt mean much.

BTW funny comments:
- Mako returns….
- But what about romance options?
- Hard to tell but Im pretty sure you can romance Mako. :biggrin:

This just tells me the game is so far off it'll be at least a year before it's worth even thinking about.

I'm curious to see how much they'll reference the events in ME 1-3. Specifically, if they'll reveal which, if any, of the endings were canon.

You mean if everyone wants him/her in bed Shepard in the end, instead of destroying rogue AI and it's minions, let them in his/her pants.

I could do without the typical Bioware focus on NPCs. I'd love to see them do a more personal story without constant soap opera dialogue.

Without more details or gameplay Mako return doesnt mean much.

BTW funny comments:
- Mako returns….
- But what about romance options?
- Hard to tell but Im pretty sure you can romance Mako. :biggrin:

The Mako better be romanceable by both genders, or that's a no buy from me!

More seriously, the Mako existing alone doesn't guarentee there'll be meaningful exploration, yes. Will reserve judgement.

The Mako better be romanceable by both genders, or that's a no buy from me!

She is male only (in SWTOR, Mako is the first companion of the Bounty Hunter).

She is male only (in SWTOR, Mako is the first companion of the Bounty Hunter).
Not the same Mako. The one in SWTOR could fall over.

Honestly, I didn't like the Mako driving much at all. There was some fun combat and I found some nice views for screenshots but mostly it was just insane physics and tedium between mission points.

I could do without the typical Bioware focus on NPCs. I'd love to see them do a more personal story without constant soap opera dialogue.
That just wouldn't be BioWare!

Back
Top Bottom