Wasteland 2 - Pre-order Now on GOG

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
You can now pre-order the DRM-Free version of Wasteland 2 on GOG for $53.99.

Prepare for the horrors of the future, today.

Wasteland 2 Digital Deluxe Edition, the masterfully crafted continuation to the 1988s original post-apocalyptic RPG, is available for 10% off for pre-orders for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux, on GOG.com. That's $53.99 in US until September 19, when the game is expected to launch.

Wasteland 2 Digital Deluxe Edition, is the direct sequel to 1988’s Wasteland, the first-ever post-apocalyptic computer RPG and the inspiration behind the Fallout series. Until Wasteland, no other CRPG had ever allowed players to control and command individual party members for tactical purposes or given them the chance to make moral choices that would directly affect the world around them. Wasteland was a pioneer in multi-path problem solving, dripping in choice and consequence and eschewing the typical one-key-per-lock puzzle solving methods of its peers, in favor of putting the power into players’ hands to advance based on their own particular play style.

On GOG.com Wasteland 2 Digital Deluxe Edition comes complete with a free copy of Wasteland - The Original Classic and inXile's cult fantasy RPG, The Bard's Tale (both bonus games will be delivered to you as gift-able codes). All that 10% off until September 19! Please note, that after the game launches, Wasteland 2 Digital Classic Edition (basically: what you'd call a "standard" edition) will also be offered, apart from the robust Deluxe edition you can pre-order now. An upgrade pack turning the standard edition into the Deluxe version will be available as well.

$53.99 is the basic discounted price for this title in the US. Other prices will apply in different countries. If you end up paying more than than the US price ( this applies to UK gamers only in this), we will reimburse the difference from our own pocket, giving it back to you in store credit (this is what we call the "Fair Price Package").
More information.

Wow! That's a lot of money for an indie title that was funded already. I'll pay $30 or less for it when it hits that level. I can't see paying full retail price for a game that isn't made in that mode.

For EU it's 45€ and 41€ with the pre-order discount.
Divinity Original sin was 40€ as well, so...

In any way - if you didn't already get it via kickstarter I'd recommend to wait till the first reviews are in. Unfortunately the latest Beta-Version doesn't seem to be very representative.

Right, that's a regular price for the Eurozone.

And I think it's irrelevant if the game has already been funded or not.

Wow! That's a lot of money for an indie title that was funded already. I'll pay $30 or less for it when it hits that level. I can't see paying full retail price for a game that isn't made in that mode.

This. It's pushing it for a game from a small studio that doesn't have to sacrifice any margins to shipping, retail space, publisher cuts, or retail marketing. The Kickstarter cost only $15. It should be at a healthy level, but definitely less than they're asking for.

This price is for the Deluxe version, the normal one will be $40 apparently. And the game have a retail version too (they reached an agreement with Deep Silver for retail marketing and shipping).

Cool thing is...they include WL1 in the deluxe edition and at the same time offer WL1+WL2 in a bundle...where you effectively buy WL1 twice...

Wow, that's cheap… My copy cost $250! Of course, it's the signed collector's edition. :p
Remember guys, we have to support great RPGs like this if we want to see more in the future (that is, for mainstream game publishers to take note).

Wow, that's cheap… My copy cost $250! Of course, it's the signed collector's edition. :p
Remember guys, we have to support great RPGs like this if we want to see more in the future (that is, for mainstream game publishers to take note).

I'm not sold on Fargo being able to make a great RPG. I really don't expect much at all from Wasteland 2, based on what I've seen. I'll be happy to drop $30 if it turns out to be decent though.

http://static.gog.com/upload/images/2014/08/73a0c5ee8c69cb16d615fce4d4b0e27abd5dbe34.jpg

I'm sorry but the above picture doesn't say $53.99. It says indie and $20-30. However, I'm a grumpy old man who has probably stopped backing any kickstarters, so more power to those who wish to pre-fund games I may one day play.

This. It's pushing it for a game from a small studio that doesn't have to sacrifice any margins to shipping, retail space, publisher cuts, or retail marketing. The Kickstarter cost only $15. It should be at a healthy level, but definitely less than they're asking for.

How about supporting a small studio. These are the "good guys", we want to encourage this type of thing. "It aint AAA, it looks like shit, it's not worth that"

Would it really kill ya to flip the small studio indie team an extra 20 friggen dollars, you damn cheapskates? Christ…

Stop shaming people for making their own decisions. $50 is way too much for the game IMO. If it's a true classic gem of a game that will be hailed for years then maybe it is worth that but I doubt it. Development was funded by KS so all the sales are pure profit? $30 seems reasonable considering $15 kickster got a full copy. I could also see $50 being reasonable if its a small niche title but it isn't coming across that way either. There's a lot of demand for a new fallout-esque title.

As has been stated, this is the deluxe version. If you're one of hypocrites hung up on graphics while simultaneously decrying the downfall of modern RPGs, the normal edition will cost less.

Well, I already bought it months ago. I still don't think it's going to be all that good, so I'd be cautious - even if you're one of these blind old-school fans, who just has to support everything that looks and smells a bit quaint and dusty.

Sometimes, old isn't necessarily better.

My main concern is the skill bloat - which is a sign of incompetent design. Another concern is the massive amount of changes they've made to the UI over time, and it's still not very good - and it's still needlessly cluttered. It's almost as if this is the first game they've made. Actually interacting with the game can be a chore, and it wouldn't take much of a designer brain to improve that experience significantly, frankly.

I'm sorry, but there it is.

Development was funded by KS so all the sales are pure profit?
How do you know that? It may well be that the money from KS wasn't enough.
Even if it was enough, the surplus most likely isn't pure profit, but will make them able to partially fund their next game or a WL2 extension.

I'm sceptical about the game myself, my impressions aren't very good. But I'm a backer, so I don't need bother if I buy it or not. I I wasn't a backer, I'd wait for some reviews after release, especially when you don't want to play in English but in another language. The translation was done by the crowd and in its current state (the German translation) imho has poor quality.

pure profit, heaven forbid

They may actually do so well they decide to make another game or work more on their existing title, what a tragedy that would be. Or maybe even just raise their own living standards for them and their families, pay off their home, put a kid thru college

The fact that there are people actually againt success has always just confused the hell out of me

One thing that really irks me about consumers is the attitude like they are entitled to have prices exactly their way.

I can't tell you how many times I've been criticized for my rare vinyl records prices. And not even by people who have bought from me, just by onlookers who think they know how to run a business better than me or whatever. They want cheap records and get mad when someone goes against the grain and sells for higher prices.

Same thing is happening here. The creators can charge whatever the heck they want for the game, point blank period. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Simple as that.

Same thing is happening here. The creators can charge whatever the heck they want for the game, point blank period. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Simple as that.

Isn't it ok for people to state their opinion, whether they buy it or not?

If the game is too expensive for what it is, I'd like to hear why - from the people who think so.

Then again, I'm not a big fan of the whole denial approach to life.

I have no problem with price as long as I get full game for it not something cut down to bunch of dlc.For many games nowdays I feel like you need spend good amount of money on dlc to get game like"it's meant to be".So I am ok with price if it avoids dlc spam later on.

Isn't it ok for people to state their opinion, whether they buy it or not?

Sure, just take it all with a grain of salt. People value things differently, obviously.

Many people these days seem to show a complete lack of appreciation of things, but to each their own.

Back
Top Bottom