Deus Ex: Human Revolution - New Patch

Dhruin

SasqWatch
A new DX:HR patch, according to Steam News:
Unfortunately the recently released patch had a negative impact for some players. This patch is a hot-fix to address those issues.

- A specific issue that caused performance degradation for some DX9 players in the 1.2.630 patch has been fixed.
o We are still evaluating further measures to counter stuttering and plan to have a further update for this in another patch.
- Crashes when examining quest items have been fixed.
- Some issues related to switching between fullscreen and windowed mode have been fixed.
- Additional fixes have been made for the TYM medical card. The current fix should also allow users that already have the problem in their savegame to pick up the card again.
- ‘Russian’ text language option now shows up correctly regardless of current text language.
- An issue that may cause the game to have stability issues on certain RAID setups may have been addressed. Even with this patch, if you have a RAID setup, please ensure you have the latest drivers for your controller.

In addition to stuttering and performance problems we are continuing to investigate any other issues that players may have and will release a full new patch soon that also includes the previously mentioned 3DVision and Surround support.
More information.

This was more likely a nVidia issue but the latest beta driver would CTD quite often. This didn't happend with the WHQL ones. Looking forward to 3D vision support.

Um... You're missing one important thing. While developer is patching graphics issues, I've stumbled upon a gamestopper bug and that one is not patched yet. And I'm not alone.
Also there is a bug where certain NPC for no reason turns hostile before you even approach him.
Third odd bug reported by some players is inability to save a game in some areas, again for no reason as there are, they claim, no hostiles at all there.

And I run the game on nVidia card and had no gfx problems at all so please don't jump on nVidia for no reason. And believe me, I'd love my nVidia coughing in this game more than the problem where my savegames after the boss #2 all became corrupted!

I've been lucky I guess haven't had any issues. 1 crash, but that might have been due to overclocked video card it was during a 4 hour play session. Upped voltage and no further issues. Had to reboot on crash and didn't lose any saves. I think it just has to do with there being so many different hardware and software configurations that they can't possibly get it took work on every setup right away.

I think it just has to do with there being so many different hardware and software configurations that they can't possibly get it took work on every setup right away.

Yep.. always the problem with PCs... too many variables. That's why even Triple A titles from major companies nearly always have issues right out the gate.

I'm one of the lucky few who is nearly finished without a single graphics hiccup or bug. In fact, been the most bug-free PC game I've played in quite some time.

Just read on the official forum a reply in case any of you gets stuck (with corrupted savegames in chapter 12) like I am:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1689979&postcount=66
I was stuck at the chapter 12 loading bug.

I had patched my game and I was stuck at the LIMB clinic. I had made a backup of my saves before I had patched. So I uninstalled the game replaced my game saves and re installed with no patches. I was able to go past the limb clinic.

Now I understand that this will not work for everyone But I am a firm believer of as many saved games as possible just in-case this happens.

This had happened in chapter 5 but I was able to recover with an earlier game save.

Man… I'll definetly try this tomorrow. Playing an unpatched game is not something I want to do, but if it's the only way to get past the bug… Well.

Back
Top Bottom