Might & Magic 7 finally on Good Old Games

I still say the biggest problem with MM9 was that it was called Might and Magic. Had the game been called Vorpals and Voodoo and judged on its own merits, I think it would have been better received, particular after patches.

Does the GOG version feature the fantastic in-game soundtrack?

Does the GOG version feature the fantastic in-game soundtrack?

Yes, the original Cd versions have CD Audio tracks, but Gog team have turned them into mp3s and included them in both M&M 6 and 7.

But man was it a fun simple rpg. It's funny when the might and magic games were out, they were always considered rpglite.

Heh. I always thought M&M 6-7 were more hardcore RPGs. I just now went down and pulled out my original Ultima 7 (3.5" disks and all) and original M&M 7 to compare the thickness of my notes. The M&M7 notes are about 8 pages more than my U7 notes. Maybe my uber-rpgness is lacking.

Heh. I always thought M&M 6-7 were more hardcore RPGs. I just now went down and pulled out my original Ultima 7 (3.5" disks and all) and original M&M 7 to compare the thickness of my notes. The M&M7 notes are about 8 pages more than my U7 notes. Maybe my uber-rpgness is lacking.
Notes for M&M7:wow: It is definitely RPGlite as all games in series are and number 7 is even more user friendly than previous parts.
My sound is crackling … Anyone know any fixes for it ?
Try grayface patch
http://sites.google.com/site/sergroj/mm/

Yeah, I too considered them hardcore. No real story just building your character and exploring. The mid game point for me in those games was when I got the ability to fly. Death from above until I ran into the wyverns. And that spectacular sound track that still blows most games away.

I can see how many view the game as RPG lite however, it was very easy to get into the game mechanics and the bright primary colors scheme just screams elementary. But there was a certain complexity in putting together and then growing your party that took this beyond the lite realm IMO.

Just bought this on GoG. Man, this game gets so many things right - it's just as good now as it was back when it was released... I'll definatley be giving this a full playthrough. Even the inventory and how you equip gear and how you right click on items for a full description... the game is so awesome.

Heh, speaking about inventory...it's funny how the paper dolls worked, it seemed the helmets never could line up and made your guy look a bit off.

I swear I posted in this thread...anyway. Its good to see people enjoying Might and Magic still. Oh and if you still have JVC's phone number call him and tell him to make another one!!!

Anyone able to tell me where GOG stuck the save game files for this? The savegame folder in the game folder it created is showing empty, after I've created a couple of saves. I have old save games I want to access and not sure where to stick them, as it were.

Anyone able to tell me where GOG stuck the save game files for this? The savegame folder in the game folder it created is showing empty, after I've created a couple of saves. I have old save games I want to access and not sure where to stick them, as it were.

Hmmm, it's showing all my saves in the GOG.com\Might and Magic VII\Saves\ directory.

Yep, nevermind, had search settings wrong. Blame either Vista or PEBCAK, as you see fit.

Back
Top Bottom