Arcanum: Virgil, where art thou?

Freeradical

Watcher
Yes, I know - it's a very shameful thing I did; I gave Virgil the boot from the party. I only did it to make room for Magnus, but I had every intention ( I swear!) of bringing him back into the fold when I got a little more… um… shall we say "charisma-ier".

I left him standing outside P. Schuylers & sons while I investigated inside… where he said he would wait. But, alas, he seems to have gotten rather upset with me and has left the seen without word… the nerve!

So, might any of you kind travelers out there tell me where he might be found? Is there a gathering spot in the game where party members so ungraciously ousted from the party go to sulk… and wait for you to come crawling back begging forgivness?

Thank you.

You might try this site if no one here can supply you with an answer.

http://www.terra-arcanum.com/

I never let Virgil out of my sight, or had to try to find a booted party member so I'm clueless. Sorry. :)

I always kept Virgil in my party aswell. As he's one of the few voices NPC's, he always seemed too valuable to me. I believe most of the party members return to where you first found them, but as you met Virgil under rather unusual circumstances… I had a similar problem with Sogg Mead Mug. I kicked him out of my party, but wanted to get him back later on because I had more charisma. He was supposed to be at that inn in Shrouded Hills, but I never found him again :'( Perhaps it's one of those infamous Arcanum bugs?

The first thing I would do is go back to the Crash Site. It's unlikely he'll be there, but I think it's worth checking out.

I thought he returned to the crash site if booted

Most NPCs will simply vanish if you leave them for a while I think. Either that or return to their original spot. Some might even be hostile when you meet them again (like Smug or Mug or whatever his name is, the ogre in the first town).

As said he'll be found at the place where you met him, or not at all.

I love Arcanum, but the way NPCs are handles sucks in many many ways, from this crap to levelling up to combat orders....

Thanks all for the feedback. I actually did find a thread in the link provided above which mostly contained the basic info in this thread.

Unfortunately, Virgil was not to be found again at the crash site, so I just reloaded an earlier save... and I'm glad I did, mostly for his damage and poison healing. On a note about Sogg, it said somewhere that he doesn't return to the Inn, per say, but rather the exit point in the map, over the bridge - where you killed the Gnome who took the ring... if that helps anyone in the future.

Question: I've become scared, which has reduced my BE. Is there a procedure to fix that in the game? These Arcanumites can be very cruel tongued indeed... and I hate to keep groveling so to be able to get work. Thanks.

Healers can fix that. I usually go to the doc in Shrouded hills for stitching up my scars.

I never let Virgil out of my sight, or had to try to find a booted party member so I'm clueless. Sorry. :)

I've booted and re-found others but never Virgil for the same reasons...

Actually, he's the only healer I found in several playthroughs :-/

Some pharmacists offer the healing dialogue option as well, but I vaguely recall them giving mixed results. Maybe the effects are tied to the NPC:s healing skills?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom