Venetica - Atari to Publish?

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Venetica is in English for the PC right now in Taiwan. I just bought it and I'm installing it as I write this.

If your able to and really want to get the game right now you can try to get it from interwise (the Taiwanese publisher) or here I found a site that is selling it. Both links are translated, but they have tech support that know English. If you can't figure out how to buy it from the site just send them an email.

Reading the translated site is fun in and of itself!! :)

You can say that again. I love the translated title "Maken Shaking Recorded Venetica". :D

Yeah, you say that. :) It reminds me of the cliché of badly translated handbooks from Asia. ;)

The worst I've ever read about was "40.000 Taufbecken". Whereas "Taufbecken" means (dict-leo.org translates it as such) "baptismal font" or a "baptistery".

Meant were clip-arts, or icons.

I still don't have any clue on how this could have happened.

In case anyone was wondering the voice acting is pretty good, but I might be biased since I've always been a sucker for British accent. ;)

No problems yet except that I overheated my video card and the game froze. That's a problem on my end unfortunately. I've been having problems bumping up the graphics to max with most of my games. Once I turned it down I didn't have any more problems. Either I need to take my GTX 275 card in to see if it's a hardware problem or get a better fan in my computer.

These little hints are keeping my hope alive that Venetica will eventually get an English release, on consoles (both please), in NA, so I can play this game. The first I saw of the game, I immediately took to it. It is "my kind of game," I think — or at least one of my kinds of games.

As you can see the English release is done. I would assume all that's left is to find a publisher for NA. The Taiwanese publisher, Interwise, probably was not as strict as any NA publisher. That's why I find from time to time I'll get releases here before anyone in NA. Sometimes they never even make it to NA like The Fall was never released in English, IIRC, but I bought a copy of it here.

That isn't always the case though. There was a trend for awhile that a lot of English games weren't being released at all until they were translated to Chinese. That makes sense for Taiwanese, but for me it wasn't so good. Luckily, there is a shop I go to that gets the English version of a lot of games and if they don't have it they'll special order it.

Bad news. I don't think the freezing is being caused by an overheated graphics card. I toned down all of the graphics and set the resolution lower than what I normally use and it still happened. Plus I got a few runtime errors while playing. Not good…..not good at all since these are happeng more frequently now.

Damn because this game looks like it could be fun. I just found my first trainer and trained in gutting animals just like in Gothic or Witcher, but then a few minutes later it froze dead where I had to manually push the restart button…….FUCK!!! This is the second game now that I had high hopes about and is being done under by bugs. First Elemental and now Venetica. At least Venetica seems a hell of a lot more interesting and finished as far as the gameplay is concerned than Elemental, but it's still cursed with these crashes.

I really do hope it's on my end because I really have been having trouble using max resolution and max graphics lately. Funny thing is is that it runs smooth with everything maxed out, but now that I toned everything down that should have fixed it like it did with the other games. It isn't though. It's still freaking out on me.

Oh well, guess I'll have to go play Grotesque until they figure this out with a patch.

Strange. I've played it almost two times all the way through. I didn't have significant stability or freezing problems, with the exception of one specific bug concerning ladders, which was fixed in the patch.

Skav, what is the cost of the game in dollars from that site; I can't convert Yuan.

If you buy it from http://ec.softking.com.tw it's 880 NT (that's what I paid) or 29.35 AUD.

The Interwise site confuses me because there is no way it's in Chinese Yuan for that amount. It would be 123.55 AUD. It is sometimes called Yuan, but to avoid confusion they normally put NT yuan or just flat out say NTD (New Taiwan Dollar).

In any event the company is based in Taiwan so it's the Taiwanese dollar which would make the price of the game a little cheaper at 26.15 AUD.

You can use this site to convert NT to AUD.

After looking up the price I decided to see if they do ship overseas and they don't (sorry for not checking earlier), but I found a place that does. It's sorta a Taiwanese Ebay and they normally don't have any problems shipping out of Taiwan. Here is the place I found selling it. Took me awhile too because there are a lot of ebay like sites selling this game, but no one said for certain that they would ship overseas. If you really want you could buy the game from Interwise or softking and send it to me and I'll send it to you. Send me a PM if your interested. I already have the game so you don't have to worry about me keeping it ;)

I also checked some sites that are based in Hong Kong. They normally don't have any problems shipping overseas, but it's not there yet. From what I can tell Taiwan is the only place that has the English version right now.

@Gorath It really might be my video card then. I was starting to worry about it ever since games started to freeze if I maxed out the display. The first game to start doing this was Witcher, but it would only freeze. No runtime errors and as soon as I lowered the display it fixed the problem. It's been really hot here lately so I was hoping that might be the reason it was overheating. Oh well, I guess I gotta actually make that trip to the store before the year is up on my warranty.

Venetica is in English for the PC right now in Taiwan. I just bought it and I'm installing it as I write this.

If your able to and really want to get the game right now you can try to get it from interwise (the Taiwanese publisher) or here I found a site that is selling it. Both links are translated, but they have tech support that know English. If you can't figure out how to buy it from the site just send them an email.

It's also available in the Netherlands. I just received my copy. (I ordered two weeks ago, but they had to backorder).

I was so focussed on using ToTheGame for release date information I overlooked that it was already out in the Netherlands. Since the Netherlands use the UK release most of the time, I always checked that date.

However in this case the Netherlands got their English release before the UK. Publisher here is DTP (same as in Germany). It costs between €23 and €36 (excluding postage). It makes sense for them to publish in their neighboring country.

It has been released in the NL several months ago, and I'm pretty sure it has been mentioned here more than once.

Enjoy the game. :)

Back
Top Bottom