Gothic 3 Lack of women

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.
They had an excuse for the lack of women in Gothic 1, but this is supposed to be the main land... Gothic 2 had quite a few women, but G3 is almost empty. Hope they crawl out in G4, wherever they are hiding.

PB said:

Six female character-types have been developed, but they had problems with hair- and dress- modelling - a typical woman problem - I think :)

So they run out of time and were too late for the story writers and voice-recording.

Yeah, even Oblivion had plenty of women, but being beaten in the arena by a beautiful blonde female fighter would have been degrading to some big-hero guys.
:rolleyes:

It's sad that they had to be "cut". A world like Gothic feels a bit empty without women and children.

There are many female rebels and few females slaves too, but there are no important women at all :(. In particular the desert towns just cry women precense. There are lots of empty beds there.. . Seems that women were pulled out during the last phase. I think they should have demanded more time to add them Its quite a crucial feature if you ask me.

Maybe in the next patch or adddon then..

Well myrtana isn't their homeland. Those orcs have gone in the war and all the female orcs were left behind their homeland. :)

Wonder if they did it, since they knew someone would make a Nude Patch. :p

They have done a complete turn around, while they improved in G2, G3 is now like G1 where Women have one Poorly Written, Annoying and Badly Acted Line, "I don't want any trouble" :)

The woman voice in G3 annoys me. It have some kind of accent, I believe german.

It was recorded in Hollywood by Americans as far as I know. Just listen to the voice of Saturas - he's the same as Deckard Kain in the Diablo games. :)

And yes, the lack of women is annoying, it really makes it feel slightly less realistic. This is a shame, as the game manages to create a very realistic world in many ways.

Are you sure its US voice actors?
This is a UK release, we are talking about correct?

The woman voice in G3 annoys me. It have some kind of accent, I believe german.

It sounds sort of eastern-indian or even arabic. I dunno. I kinda like it but they should have had more than just that one voice.

And to answer Acleacius's question: Aspyr handled the voice acting for ALL
the Enlgish versions. So you are going to hear American actors in the English version.

These voices are used in games by Blizzard and other huge companies, they are as proffesional and American as it gets.

Is there at least a whore house like in Gothic 2 where you can get some action? That was really awesome. I'm not being perverted or anything it just really adds to the realism and immersion. I remember always going there to retire for the night before saving and going to sleep. It was a key role-playing element in the game for me. ;)

If there is, I haven't discovered it in my travels!! Nor have I seen one mentioned in any forum, sorry!!

Yeah, even Oblivion had plenty of women, but being beaten in the arena by a beautiful blonde female fighter would have been degrading to some big-hero guys.
:rolleyes:

Heck, I must not be one of those big-hero guys then, 'cause as far as I'm concerned a beautiful blonde female fighter can beat me anytime! :wry:

Women game characters/npc's in gothic-3 could always be improved upon but i think the love scene in G2 was un-neccessary - in the wrong gaming direction.

I've seen people smoking cigar-ish things, but theres no smoke for some reason. Perhaps its a graphical error.

Back
Top Bottom