The RP Thread

Antasir was listening carefully to Eron, looking genuinely sympathetic - and perhaps it was true. "Thieves... there has always been a lot of them here!" Said Antasir. He didn't actually have any idea about the true number of thieves in Khorinis, but assumed that there must be as many as everywhere else. "But murder... oh, I see you ran out of ale. Here, let me fix that for you." - Antasir gestured to the barkeep to bring another drink for Eron. "But murder? - he continued - Now that's something worrying, I think! I heard the victim was an honest merchant... why would anyone want him dead?" Coragon brought the ale to their table, and gave Antasir a somewhat stern look - he noticed that only the guard was drinking. Antasir only smiled politely, and gave the barkeep a tip. Then he turned his eyes to the guard: Eron looked like he was in good shape, which was good because Antasir didn't want him to get drunk. When Coragon walked away, he went on: "So, is the Guard already investigating the matter? I bet you have some talented people for these kind of things, but with all the other trouble, you probably don't have too many spare men, do you?"

@Khass When I say "After a few beers", it means that there has actually passed some time where my character(a persuasive one) got the other one to talk.

Bartacus knows that the conversation with Zoras might lead to nowhere, but since he doesn't have anything else to go at ... Around midnight Zoras says goodbye and takes off to his hut. Bartacus goes to the tavern of the city to sleep. Arriving there he sees another man asking for a bed too. Bartacus is however to tired to really notice the other man and heads off to bed.

OOC:
@Bartacus - your character's persuasive skills mean nothing in this event, your real-life conversation skills do. Take a look at Krzychu's posts, that's what I mean by an actual conversation.

In the upper city ...

The man looked at Alonzo with a rather bored look, then decided that opening his mouth might make the novice go away, and leave him to his desired peace.
"Meh, is it a pub partner ya want? Valentino is the kind, the drunken bastard. Other than him, only merchants mingle with the low-lives down there," the man said, with a dezgusted look on his face. "Anything more you want, kid?" He said it in a tone that implied that any other word than "no" spoken by Alonzo would get him a beating.

Coragon's Pub, the counter ...

Coragon returned with the beer Gwildor ordered, looked at the bag, and cocked an eyebrow at him.
"That much gold is only going to atract attention upon you, buddy, and even for somebody such as yourself, that's not good. Not good at all, if you value your head on your shoulders." the bartender said. He quickly put his hand into the bag, and retrieved some 20 gold. He pushed it back, urging Gwildor to put it back in his pocket.
"In this kind of cases, people rarely talk, even after several pints of alcohol. But," and he noded towards a table in the right corner of the pub, "that fool of a guard has a tongue too loose for his own good. I doubt he'll keep it much longer." With that said, Coragon turned around to get some ale, and brought it to the aforementioned table.

Coragon's Pub, one of the tables ...

"That guy had many enemies! Other merchants for stealing their customers, Lehmar the loaner for not returning money, farmers for not paying the herbs. I admire the guy for staying alive that long." he raises his bottle of ale, as if toasting in Gregor's honor, before chucking it down greedily. "I'm sorry for his family, though. He's got a good kid and wife, but they say they're gonna put their house up for auction." he sighed.
"We got out hands full. Most of us want nothing to do with it, just lay back and watch the show, but some overzelous guys delved deep into this pile of crap. Iorek is a friend of mine, and one of those guys. He's doing all he can to find out who and why the merchant was murdered. Lord Andre himself is feeling agitated because of the guy." The guard gulped down most of the remaining ale. He looked at Antasir. "You seem like a reliable guy. Talk to him if you need a job." he smiled, and looked behind him.
"Well, the sun's gonna come up in a couple of hours, and I'd best be going. If we meet again, I'll be sure to thank you more properly for your kindness." he patted Antasir on his shoulder, and winked. "Farewell." With that he left the bar, walking straight enough not to fall from his feet.

Alonzo knew that guy didn't have a lot to say to him, but that name... Valentino. He might be able to help him. He had to talk to this Valentino, but he didn't know where that man could be. The novice figured it would be best to talk to someone who might be more helpful than this man in front of him.

No, thank you., he replied as he turned away towards the lower quarter again. He remembered seeing a mage talking to a small crowd. A mage of Adanos, maybe he could clarify some things for Alonzo.

He nodded to the guards went downstairs and passed the merchant's shops and workshops. Alonzo then saw the mage praying in front of the statue. The novice approached the mage and said :

Excuse me, mage of Adanos. I have been sent here by the High Mage of the monastery of Fire and I need your help. My mission is to investigate the murder of Gregor. Could you help me ?, he asked politely.

Alonzo hoped that this mage could help him. If not, he would have some trouble finding out what might have happened. He could go and question the whole city, but that would take an eternity.

He knew the mages of Adanos had to keep the balance of good and evil stable. They sometimes did things that most people wouldn't understand, but the novice hoped the balance had tipped to the side of Beliar so this mage might help him for the forces of good

// At first I wanted to write : Hey you! Like the hero in Gothic, but I decided it wouldn't leave a good impression on you Khass.

Last edited:
At the temple of Khorinis ...

Vatras lifted himself onto his feet from his prayer, looked at Alonzo and smiled at him with a sort of sagic understanding. He spoke:
"Young one, do you really require my help? Or would it simply make it easier for you?" he smiled again. "You should not embark on journeys of which you know you shall not see your destination. Yet something in me says I doubt that is the case." he put his hand on Alonzo's shoulder. "You are a novice, a future priest of Innos. You shall gain knowledge beyond the imagination of the common folk. Why not use the little you have gained so far to help you in your quest? I am sure you will be able to solve it without my help, and maybe anyone's." With that the mage turned his back at the apprentice, and returned to his prayers.

//Thank you Khass.

The mage's words filled Alonzo's heart with self-confidence and he smiled. The novice marched towards Salandril's house. Alonzo saw Salandril at his alchemists' bench preparing a potion. He recognized what Salandril was making, it was a healing potion, the same he was taught how to make. Alonzo came in and watched how Salandril pepared his potion. Salandril prepared with such finesse Alonzo thought Salandril was his teacher. The alchemist then noticed Alonzo was standing behind him and stopped. He turned towards Alonzo and seemed to be waiting for Alonzo to say something.

Hello Salandril. My name is Alonzo, I am a novice at the monastery of fire. I just learned how to prepare this potion and I was admiring how you prepared it with so much ease., Alonzo said hoping to gain some favour with Salandril before getting to the point. Alonzo paused for a moment and then continued, Kind sir, I am here to ask you some questions. I had hoped you could tell me what you know about Gregor. Did you have any quarrel with him and his family ?

Alonzo noticed there were a great deal of herbs on the table. Several vials stood on the shelves as well, but he didn't want to be distracted so tried to concentrate on the exact words that would come out of the alchemist's mouth.

Last edited:
//pladio Gwildor? I think you are using the wrong name here :)

delete because of the mistake that I was talking to someone but it turned out the gaurd were krzychu was talking too

Last edited:
//OOC: Um... guys? :lol: I'm a bit confused. If you read the previous posts very carefully, you might see why. Bartacus was investigating in the harbour district, right? Then he said he went to the local pub. Now, I just assumed that he went to the one in the harbour district - no.18 on map (which seemed pretty obvious to me) - and maybe this is what I got wrong, and the source of my confusion. Then, Titus (Gwildor), leaving the upper quarters, said he went to a tavern where he recognized Bartacus. Khass assumed it was Coragon's Pub. So: is everyone in Coragon's Pub? Is this the place that everyone had in mind?

More: I thought that the "fool of a guard" who Coragon (Khass) mentioned while talking to Gwildor was Eron. Eron left, so is Gwildor talking to me? Could anyone clear that up for me?

part my mistake I forget he was in the harbor, I was in the pub in the merchant area of town not the harbor, sorry khazz and all, So I was the one in coragons pub and bartacus in the harbor district I think.
Can this be corrected Khazz or will I act like i was in the harbor? Your choice because you control the story.

Khazz pmed me already about the error of trying to talk to the guy you were talking too. We will see what Khazz says and continue from there

Will I delete my previous post and continue right from there and just edit that I saw bartacus?

Gwildor walked to the table were antasir was still sitting.
Sorry for disturbing you but I couldn't help hearign you talk with that guard about the murder. What did he say? did he leave any clues? do you know other stuff then he told? please tell me because I am investigating the murder. Gwildor made it clear to Coragon to bring 2 beers. I'm paying as long as you are talking said Gwildor with a smile

More: I thought that the "fool of a guard" who Coragon (Khass) mentioned while talking to Gwildor was Eron. Eron left, so is Gwildor talking to me? Could anyone clear that up for me?

Right you are. My appologies to everyone, I should have said OOC that the guy I mentioned was actually Eron.

Uuu! Inter-player discussions! My fav! ... well, not really, but it's better than writing :p

... or not. Sorry, Pladio, just noticed your post. Well, hmm ... since Antasir and Gwildor are talking in the pub, and their current hour is dawn/before dawn, from I deducted from the previous posts, and since merchants don't open their stores until morning, I'm going to delay Salandril's reply for after the conversation between the two so we can keep ourselves in the approximately same time zone. Hope you don't mind ;)

Last edited:
"Oh, hello there... - said Antasir, rather surprised - So you're interested in the murder too, huh?" He paused and looked at the man, trying to figure out his intentions. Antasir was just thinking about what he had heard from Eron, when this man approached him. He heard from the guard a bit more than he actually expected, and now wondered if it would be wise to share this information with this person. Finally, Antasir decided that he must be growing paranoid because of the late hour, and that cooperating with this person will cause more good than harm, as the man is probably someone who wants to help just like him. Antasir didn't really feel like drinking a beer, but it didn't matter.

"Oh, sure, have a seat." he said, feeling that the pause was a bit too long. "Well - he lowered his voice - the problem is that the victim had a lot of enemies because of his business - merchants, you know. But personally, I'm not sure if any of those merchants would actually kill him like that." Thinking about it, Antasir realized that during his life he met merchants that *were* reckless enough to do something like that. "He also had debts among farmers, and a local loaner. However, - he lowered his voice even more - supposedly not many officials are interested in this murder. Only... some. he hesitated, and did not mention the name "Iorek" for now. "You said you are investigating the matter. Tell me, are you working for the guards, by any chance? Did Lord Andre hire anyone else?"

I know lord andre hired a new militia Bartacus, he and the novice Alonzo are also investigating the murder. The monastery asked if I could help alonzo. They probably think the same as me and that it can become pretty dangerous on the road of the investigation.
I agree with you that the merchants will probably not be behind it, they might have hired one but I doubt it. Usually a quarrel between merchants is more obvious than in this case. The loaner might be a possibility, he has the money to hire a pro. But what makes me real curious is that the guards aren't investigating it.
I don't know anything for sure yet but I think a mage may be involved because the son was upstairs and he didn't hear a thing, and there was no sign of a fight. My guess is that there were two men: The murderer and a mage or somekind who knows how to use a strong sleep spell, wich isn't easy if you have to put 2 or 3 people into sleep. And I think that caused the heavy winds the son noticed. But is that all you know? Do you know the name of the guard who is investigating it or name of the loaner? Then we will both check it out.....
short pauze to cath a breath and let the words sink in to his new found "friend"
Oh yes, uhm sorry to ask but what is your interest in this case?

// I might have missed it, but who is Iorek ?

... but some overzelous [guards] delved deep into this pile of crap. Iorek is a friend of mine, and one of those guys. He's doing all he can to find out who and why the merchant was murdered.

Eron, the guard Antasir talked to, said that. ;)

"My interest? - he replied - I guess I just want to help... sort of. I'm new in Khorinis, so I'm interested in many goings-on, and in many kinds of work. I'm not officially hired by the Guard, though - they don't trust me too much. You could say I'm a mercenary. The name's Antasir." he held out his hand to greet Gwildor. "I'm glad I've found someone who is also working on this case! As for the case itself, - he continued - the guard I talked to a moment ago mentioned that the name of the loaner was, um... Lehmar. - he remembered - But that's not important right now. I was told that there is one guard who is particularly interested in the murder. His name is Iorek. I think that this is the person that I... we - Antasir corrected himself - should focus on at the moment. I'll be happy to discuss this further with the people you are helping. Um, what did you say your name was?"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom