Albion - Now On GOG!

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
One of the European RPG classics finally becomes available again. Ubisoft / Blue Byte placed a couple of games on the GOG platform, among them Albion.

It is the year 2227, and the gigantic interstellar factory ship, Toronto, cruises toward a lifeless planet endowed with a wealth of minerals. While studying the planet in his shuttlecraft, the pilot, Tom Driscoll, unavoidably crash lands. Against all expectations, he survives to discover his craft has landed in a world rich in flora and fauna, and inhabited by intelligent beings. How could the data on the planet of Albion have been so wrong?
Take on the role of Tom Driscoll and explore the extensive world of Albion and its endless surprises in this turn-based, tactical RPG. Experience its vast beauty and strange cultures... but beware of its many hidden dangers! You, and the companions you acquire on your journey, will experience countless adventures together and your resourcefulness, skills of negotiation and ability to deal with numerous inhabitants will be repeatedly put to the test. But most importantly, your resolve in battle will determine not only your own fate, but that of the entire world.

○ Role-playing adventure with an engaging storyline and interactive dialogue
○ Turn-based, tactical combat
○ User-friendly and intuitive interface and navigation
○ Expansive and captivating game-world
More information.

I played this in the time before the oceans drank Atlantis... ahm, I mean before the age of internet. I really enjoyed it but then got stuck at some point and gave up. I'm weak, I know.

Bought again - one of my all-time favorites!

If there's someone who still don't know anything about Albion - I've reviewed the game for felipepepe's CRPG book -> preview.

perhaps we'll get Amberstar and Ambermoon. One can dream.

perhaps we'll get Amberstar and Ambermoon. One can dream.

Unlikely. Erik Simon said a couple of weeks ago in a podcast ("Spieleveteranenpodcast") that the rights situation about his old games is completely unclear. He has no idea who has the rights or parts of them.

AFAIR he said he was able to trace them back as far as Computec Media, a German press outlet making the PC Games mag and related products.

If there's someone who still don't know anything about Albion - I've reviewed the game for felipepepe's CRPG book -> preview.

Great review, HiddenX ! It makes me wanna play this game :)

Last edited:
Nice! Would love to see a kickstarter remake of that type of games!
The same applys to Schleichfahrt (ARCHIMEDEAN DYNASTY). Both were very unique.

Albion was certainly a great game. Do you know what sci-fi games were even better? Buck Rogers. I don't know why everyone decided to collectively skip the Buck Rogers games, but it was a very bad move on your parts. But at least people are excited for a good game in this news bit, instead of the next fancy graphics emulator with slight gameplay elements.

Albion was certainly a great game. Do you know what sci-fi games were even better? Buck Rogers. I don't know why everyone decided to collectively skip the Buck Rogers games, but it was a very bad move on your parts. But at least people are excited for a good game in this news bit, instead of the next fancy graphics emulator with slight gameplay elements.

hmm… one of the worst endings in the history of game endings is one of those Buck Rogers. It honestly was something like, at the end of the last fight, you would go to the black DOS screen like so:

You won
A:>

How do you not mention they released Anno 1602 alongside?!
Man, I spent days of my youth playing that. Awesome strategy game! Insta-buy! :)

Yes, what a great game that was!
And actually still is.

hmm… one of the worst endings in the history of game endings is one of those Buck Rogers. It honestly was something like, at the end of the last fight, you would go to the black DOS screen like so:

You won
A:>

and you know what? that is the best ending ever. what more satisfaction does anyone need?

Albion ? Finally ! :)
Although I must admiot that I found the battles a bit hard over the time.
But apart from the battles it is SO MUCH rich and beautiful ! :)

Unlikely. Erik Simon said a couple of weeks ago in a podcast ("Spieleveteranenpodcast") that the rights situation about his old games is completely unclear. He has no idea who has the rights or parts of them.

AFAIR he said he was able to trace them back as far as Computec Media, a German press outlet making the PC Games mag and related products.

They indeed once published the PC game. I still have their version.

As soon as it seems viable to make money off a sequel, people will do what needs to be done to figure out the rights.

Back
Top Bottom