NWN2 - Planescape Purgatorio Trailer

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Rogue Dao Studios is working on a trilogy of Planescape modules for NWN2 and have released a 60Mb trailer for the first, titled Purgatorio, at their site:
Rogue Dao Studios announces the Planescape Trilogy, a massive campaign set in the Infinite Planes for Obsidian Entertainment's Neverwinter Nights 2.
The Planescape Trilogy will deliver up to 45 hours of gameplay, 16 adventuring companions, an epic main plot and a slew of dynamic side quests.
"We expect the Planescape Trilogy to be one of the must-play adventures once everyone is finished with the NWN2 Original Campaign," - Montgomery Lee Markland, Executive Producer and Lead Designer.
More information.

Ooh baby YES!

Hoping it's properly done, of course. I absolutely love Planescape, but it's hard to do well. It's all about belief, philosophy, power, myth, and history -- whereas it's all too easy to turn it into another dungeon crawl with githyanki and slaadi instead of orcs and trolls.

But I'm definitely keeping a close eye on this one.

I don't know whether it is sold or free ... but it looks sweet ... but what was Albanon doing there ;)

According to the devs' FAQ on the website:

"Will you charge for this?

No. The Planescape Trilogy will be distributed completely free-of-charge, and will be available on the Rogue Dao Studios website, the Neverwinter Nights 2 Vault and any other suitable venues for public download. "

They also say it's got an SP design, but you can LAN or multi-play it. Sounds very promising.

This might even get me to buy NWN2 before next year. (I have learned to restrain myself and not buy games til a few patches come out. I think it was ToEE that taught me that one.)

Are there any CODI people working on this?

I hate to sound cynical but a lot of major projects didn't come to fruition in NWN1. Some DLA stuff was eventually done but only after Bioware took half the team and they charged for it.

You've got to be careful you don't bite off more than you can chew. What's the incentive if you're not getting paid? This is the early stages of a new engine after all and I'm not sure we really know how to take full advantage of it yet.

That's said I actually wish and hope for their success.

Planescape mods definitely do sound promising. I wonder if maybe Rogue Dao Studios is doing it for free to get their proverbial feet in the door and attach their name to a successful product. Though, it is too soon to declare NWN2 a success. Anyway, it's interesting news.

If these modules are going to be that ambitious, then I'd almost rather see them as a pay-for-download deal so that the development team will have some resources and some incentive to finish them and make them great. I think that we're past the days when one or two guys could make great games from top to bottom all by themselves.

I confirmed it, this is some of the group that made the Gatecrashers PW for nwn1

This might even get me to buy NWN2 before next year. (I have learned to restrain myself and not buy games til a few patches come out. I think it was ToEE that taught me that one.)

I've been playing since 1.03beta came out, has been running perfectly on my system, i'm somewhere in Act2 right now.

I've been very involved with the Rogue Dao guys...Nice, NICE people and very committed to doing this and doing it professionally. I believe that there are a couple of DLA people on the team but not positive. They are well organized and seem like a lot of fun.

NWN 2 WarCry's done a bunch of stuff with them at my behest:

Chat: http://nwn2.warcry.com/news/view/65522

Dev Updates: http://nwn2.warcry.com/news/view/65679

http://nwn2.warcry.com/news/view/65532

We're getting ready to do another live chat with them. I'll be sure to let you all know when. :)

I've been playing since 1.03beta came out, has been running perfectly on my system, i'm somewhere in Act2 right now.

well. I've moved it forward to my christmas wish list. Got to finish Wiz 8 first tho.;)

Lucky Day said:
Are there any CODI people working on this?

Schazzwozzer is contributing his efforts to the Purgatorio project.

- Michael Epstein, Rogue Dao Studios

Back
Top Bottom