Bioshock 2 PC--Minervas Den finally

curious

liberty or license
As if there aren't enough games being released in these past few week Minerva's Den if finally coming to the pc. Protector Trials came out 2 months ago but I held out as its been a year for me and I wanted to have both to experiece. But here it comes on May 31. And of courses its free bitches.
http://www.2kgames.com/cultofrapture/article/minervasdencomingmay31

?? The article says 800 Microsoft Points. Strange the date on the article is the 17th and it says it is only a couple of days away, yet the URL says May 31st.

its is true it is $10 despite way back in october them saying it would be free. oh well its still a no brainer for any bioshock fan. in fact i just finished it and would easily have paid $20 for it. its about 1/3 or more the size of bioshock 2 broken up into three 3 levels of which the third is somewhat short though the other two are just as large as the largest of bioshock levels. it was awesome and took me about 8 hours or so. the story was great and completely solid on its on yet still tied fully to rapture and its goings on. most of the content is completely new from stuff in the levels to the overall art design. only 1 new weapon and plasmid but as you are playing as a different character its all good. 3 new bots add to the fun, and all of the splicers are at the very least reskined, revoiced and in some cases new functions. all in all this is probably the best dlc i've ever played beating out any of biowares or bethesdas over the past few years. if any dlc is ever worth rating a 10 this would be it, for value, gameplay, story, sound/music and overall high production values.

I played and beat this. It was good, probably better than BioShock 2 was originally. The same problem exists though: poor level design. The original BioShock had such interesting levels and well-done design but I find BioShock 2 to almost completely lack that, and Minerva's Den the same.

Back
Top Bottom