Disciples 3 - 4 New Screens @ Worthplaying

magerette

Hedgewitch
Worthplaying has 4 new screenshots and one example of concept art up for Akella's and .dat's stategy/ RPG-ish title, Disciples III:Renaissance, including two shots of the game map and hex grid, along with some generic game info here.
More information.

Wow. I just love, love, LOVE the Art Direction on this one. Flat out gorgeous. Now that they've shown they'll have hexes on the battlefield (a must for TBS games for me), this one's taken the lead over King's Bounty, as I'm not a big fan of the Blizzard cartoony look. If anyone can tell me for sure you can have multiple hero-led armies rather than the single one you get in KB, that would pretty much seal the deal for me...

If they follow the pattern of the other Disciples games, and it looks like they are, you can have as many heroes as you can afford.

Haven't seen a hex map in a long time; I did noticed Blizzard are also using a hex map for the the overall map on SC2. I haven't played any of these but they look interesting.

Haven't seen a hex map in a long time; I did noticed Blizzard are also using a hex map for the the overall map on SC2.

Yeah, with this one, King's Quest, Fantasy Wars, Battle for Wesnoth and, heck!, even the upcoming sci-fi take on Puzzle Quest, they seem to be making a bit of a comeback. 'Bout time!

Looking forward to this one, especially with the huge shortage of turn-based strategy games available now.

Haven't seen a hex map in a long time; I did noticed Blizzard are also using a hex map for the the overall map on SC2. I haven't played any of these but they look interesting.

There have been some on the DS (most notably the better-than-PC Mage Knight game) ... but I really loved the looks of this!

thnx chamr !!
for letting me know about Battle for Wesnoth !!

Age of Wonders uses a hex map as well (if i remember correctly), but you won't see it.

thnx chamr !!
for letting me know about Battle for Wesnoth !!

My pleasure! :) Addicting little gem, isn't it?

Alrik Fassbauer said:
Age of Wonders uses a hex map as well (if i remember correctly), but you won't see it.

AoW:2 and Shadow Magic will show you the hex grid. Ctrl+H I think toggles it. And yes, AoW: SM is a great one. I was just pointing out that there seems to be a new and impressivley numerous batch of TBS games using hexes coming out soon or released recently.

Back
Top Bottom