The Witcher 2 - UK Sales, More Reviews

If they are "consolizing", then where is my 360 or PS3 version? I haven't even heard a definite announcement.
I'm pretty happy with my laptop and mediacenter PCs and quite reluctant to spend a small fortune(probably more than my car is worth, for example - yes, it is 12 years, but there are lots of older cars on the streets) on a gaming PC rig(and, most probably, I would also need some furniture to accomodate that, and more), so it does hurt to see a game I'm interested in require a desktop PC with a gaming video card.

I very much doubt that a gaming PC is more expensive as a 12 year old car. So unless your car is worth less than 1000 bucks you are wrong.

Its a a good game but you have to admit the menus have a streamlined console approach. You have to be blind to not see the game was developed to be played with a controller first. Still an enjoyable game but you can tell its coming to consoles.

My only reservation with Flotsam is that they would in reality have cleared away all of the forest around it for construction, fuel and common sense safety.

The village chief has a story for that if you listen to it around the camp fire.

He'll also tell stories when he's sleeping in bed :) Go visit his house late at night and he'll be there telling how Lobinden came to be, or one of his other tales. There are a lot of nice things in TW2. To me, the weakest part of the game is the controls. They made action game/console game controls for a pc-only (so far) game. I really like the voice acting of the main character. He really sells the "bored mercenary who's looking forward to retiring" act well. A minor problem, for me at least, is that I can't really get into this role. I always feel like I'm playing CDP's Geralt, and this isn't the guy that I would have created.

Pretty fun game overall though. I've restarted 3 times and I keep finding stuff I missed in previous tries.

I haven't played yet (still need to finish the first one) but probably the reason why they wouldn't remove the trees from around Flotsam would be because of the erosion that would be caused by doing that which could cause sinkholes to form potentially causing the village to sink into the ground.

Trees around Flotsam -> because it hides the LOD issues in the engine ;-) later in the game (Vergen?) you see plants popping in, rock face details popping in etc - I have everything maxed and its pretty noticeable. Around Flotsam there is a lot of occlusion which hides distant detail so you don't notice. I can't really blame them though, its not easy to do properly and very few engines (esp RPG engines) seem to pull it off successfully.

Still think the game is brilliant - have reached a point (Quen maxed ;-) where most fights are quite manageable on normal. I agree with comments about the GUI & intercation though - they do not work well.

Its a a good game but you have to admit the menus have a streamlined console approach. You have to be blind to not see the game was developed to be played with a controller first. Still an enjoyable game but you can tell its coming to consoles.

I honestly don't even take notice of that. The only thing I can complain about so far is the strange scrolling of inventory descriptions and the fact that they don't show the currently used weapons/armor when buying stuff.

Back
Top Bottom