Where do you get your reviews?

Gamespot is one of the sites I usually take with a grain of salt because they are "professional". How long can somebody play a game, make screenshots and write an article if he gets (I guess) a few hundred bucks and has to make a living from it? Playing a shooter for 5-10 hours could be okay, but for a RPG it´s not enough.

I take all reviews with a degree of skepticism and a wary tiger eye, that's just me. If you dont like Gamespot's reviews, like I said, they usually have built up a hub of reviews by other sites with the ranking shown so you can sail to the worst ones if you like, which is what I usually do. Player reviews and forum can be helpful as well.

I like Gamespot, Ive been a subscriber for years and have gotten to know all their diff reviewers. It's a general gaming site so yeah, they may not be as in-depth with the RPGs as a dedicated site, but that's all taken into consideration!

I usually go to Metacritic for a good collection of reviews. They keep the site pretty up to date.
What I like about them compared to GameRankings is that they have little blurbs from each review. But then GameRankings has a more comprehensive listing ...

Yes I forgot about GameRankings, that's another good one. The blurbs from Metacritic are great for a laugh once in a while, like the reviews for Bad Day L.A. :)

Back
Top Bottom