The Witcher 2 - Internal Gameplay Video

No confusion here…

Actually I find the technical standpoint very interesting and well, not much to do but
speculate for a long time in to the future I guess (anyone know any hint of a release date
on the horizon btw ?). And since they showed us tech we are discussing tech…

Just expressing my Heartfelt wish (and a bit of apprehension) that they manage to
capture what made the Original so good. I'd hate for them to b nothing more than a
shooting star…

One would certainly hope so :)

It would be really sad if such a popular game didn't manage to at least generate one great sequel :)

Of course, it's always everyone else that's confused here. ;)

Not really, though you seem to be not only quite confused - but suddenly a lot more concerned with staying on topic (though we were) than what is typical with your kind of character :)

I told you to look within for an answer to this fascination you have with me, but I guess the confusion needs to settle first ;)

We appreciate you not pushing the point though. Now maybe we can focus on the video again.

Focus away :)

Not really, though you seem to be not only quite confused - but suddenly a lot more concerned with staying on topic (though we were) than what is typical with your kind of character :)

I told you to look within for an answer to this fascination you have with me, but I guess the confusion needs to settle first

As usual, you feel the need to push it further with your almost troll-like banter, and the self ego stroking comments that are typical of you. I doubt anyone here is surprised though. :-/

Dartagnan and JDR13, can`t you just let it go ???
Maybe there is some moderator around willing to create a whole new subforum just for the two of you , where you can discuss and argue about everything and leave other threads alone ??

L.

As usual, you feel the need to push it further with your almost troll-like banter, and the self ego stroking comments that are typical of you. I doubt anyone here is surprised though. :-/

Calm down little guy :)

Ok ok, I'm placing him on ignore for the sake of forum order :)

I just thought it was ok to reply a bit, now that he's been like a little kid on my back for a week or so.

My bad.

First of all, good news. Love the first game. But, i don't understand how they can be looking for another publisher. I thought the first game sold very well. I would think the previous publisher would want to publish the sequel. Am i missing something?

Dartagnan and JDR13, can`t you just let it go ???
Maybe there is some moderator around willing to create a whole new subforum just for the two of you , where you can discuss and argue about everything and leave other threads alone ??

Please don't group us together like that though, I'm not the one who has had to be warned by moderators here in the past. Still, I suppose I shouldn't have taken his bait.

I actually feel sorry for him, truth be told…

More on the Witcher now, please :)

Although we haven't seen much yet - i want to believe that the atmosphere will stay and come even more enhanced in The Witcher 2.
I feel like they should emphasize more on what made the game exceptional and unique in the first place and try to work on that even more.Better overall sex scenes & romance elements is something that i would like to see.
As for the VO.. got to be placeholders.. hopefully, will kill me if they change Geralts voice - it was THE perfect match.

It's very good, I like the way Geralts hair look like, a clear reference to the graphical novels. :D

But seriously the quick time events just butcher the game, they should kept out of gaming in general not to speak about a role playing game. The other down for me is the title and the story, which you might guess, of course you can say hey it's alpha and we know nothing about the plot, but somehow I get the feeling it's a bit generic. Ah well we'll see.

So far so good. I actually thought that after TW CDPR will destroy the IP with console titles and very mainstream sequels, but this looks tasty.

Am I the only one who thinks that the english voice acting of Geralt is a little bit too creepy?

Am I the only one who thinks that the english voice acting of Geralt is a little bit too creepy?
Whole english version is creepy :p

I find the QTEs very distressing. While it may seem little different from timing your clicks for combos in the first one, remember that in the first one you could turn off the visual indicators by using the hard difficulty. Then all you had was audio cues. I preferred this. I very much dislike the little mouse appearing on the screen showing you want button needs to be hit. They've damaged immersion with no gain.

I very much hope they eliminate that. Otherwise I liked what I saw.

CoOol!
Witcher spirit is already in there, I think, at least in art direction.

Even though the developing team is different I´m not that worried about the story since they have such a huge back material in the form of Sapkowski´s books.
Regarding the gameplay, right now I only hope it gets more vertical :).

Edit: And yeah, I hope quicktime events will be minimized.

Whole english version is creepy :p
You should hear the czech version! I rarely, if ever, laughed more during a computer game than while listening to the czech iteration of the main protagonist.
I think english version is great, though I like some voices more in the original (non-enhanced) version.

Last edited:
The last time I checked I think I was up to 8 that are on my must buy list.

Although this one has a lot more time left in the oven. A year from now at the earliest is what I would guess. If we're lucky it'll be ready for the holiday rush next year. Though I wouldn't take any bets on that.

Awesome :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom