Earthlock - Interview @ GamingBolt

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Rashid Sayed of GamingBolt published a new interview with Director Bendik Stang, and talk about his funded JRPG game called Earthlock: Festival of Magic.

Rashid Sayed: Do you guys have a solid release date in mind?

Bendik Stang: We hit some delays in production this fall when we had some trouble finding the perfect outsourcing partner for this production. We have since started collaborating with a company called Original Force, and we’re wildly enthusiastic with what they’re delivering. Working with them has certainly sped things up! With the current scope of the game we are looking at a release in Q3 this year. It’s a matter of manpower and scope, and we really do not want to cut down on the scope to deliver earlier. We want to release the game as close to what we envisioned as possible.

Rashid Sayed: Are there any plans to support the game post launch via DLC?

Bendik Stang: Well, for each new game in the series the world will be expanded and new features will be added. First there is Festival of Magic, then there is The Last Memory and finally there is The Awakening. We are already beginning pre-production planning for The Last Memory this spring.
More information.

This is another one I'm really excited for...

She's so excited, she just can't hide it. She's about to lose control and I think she likes it. ;)

This is a small studio making a full-fledged JRPG with 3D assets, I wouldn't hold my breath. If it isn't a huge production team the product will suffer in some way. If you want a whimsical RPG it's probably better to seek out Blue Dragon on Xbox 360, it was made by a team of 400 people.

Sorry pal, I'm Earthlock's backer and would back it again even if just one person was making it - as it's not a console exclusive.

Sorry pal, I'm Earthlock's backer and would back it again even if just one person was making it - as it's not a console exclusive.
Oh you didn't know Joxer we have a few members that despise kickstarter, and have to constantly repeat themselves on various threads every week.

So in short I also backed this game , and I would do so again.:cool:

Last edited:
Oh you didn't know Joxer we have a few members that despise kickstarter, and have to constantly repeat themselves on various threads every week.

So in short I also backed this game , and I would do so again.:cool:

We also have a few members who despise tablets and skyrim;)

Back
Top Bottom