Pricewatch!

German magazine "Computerbild Spiele" comes with Torchlight.

It is now just over 2h left on the steam summer camp thing. There are some things that you can get for getting certain achievements, like extra levels for certain games, some skins and a few other minor things. The two major things seem to be an expansion for AI war and the entire game Alien Breed 2.

For anyone who wants to get these things, you need to get 3 achievements per thing you want. Here are a few easy ones:
Post something on a friends wall
Download a demo and start it
Download a trailer and start watching it
Post a screenshot
Comment on a friends screenshot
Link your steam account to your facebook account (and then remove it, you still get the ticket)
Join the "summer camp" group on steam
Recommend a game
Make a "wish list" of 10 games

Also, here are 3 simple game-related ones that I got (and that anyone who has any of these games can get swiftly)
Mount & Blade warband: Start a female character, get a great sword and a male hero to join you, give the sword to the hero, rest for a day
Team fortress 2: Let a pyro light you on fire and then jump into water
Guardians of graxia: Hit at least 3 enemies with a single Hell storm or Wild fire spell.

Not much CRPG related though. You can get an extra quest for Winter voices (and some consider X3: Terran conflict to be somewhat of a CRPG. You can get an extra sector for that game)

Last day of the steam summer sale (only two hours left as of this post): The Witcher, Assassins Creed, Magica,Two Worlds II, Fallout NV, Fable III are on sale again.

Edit: beat to the punch, I see... :)

Yep :p But our two posts are about entirely different things. You listed the games that people might be interested in, I just listed how to get some of the free stuff.

Hi! My name is Thrasher, and I am a computer gaming addict. I am happy to report I didn't didn't but any downloadable games this weekend (after a week of buying about 6). ;)

Now that the dust has settled, lets count how many new games we own.
For me it is:
Amnesia: The dark descent, Delve Deeper, Eternity's child, FATALE, The graveyard, Guardians of graxia, Guns of Icarus, Making history: The calm & the storm, Mount & Blade: With fire & Sword, The Path, Alien breed 2 (this one was free, at least), Digitanks, Mactabilis, Spring up harmony, Star-twine, Steel storm, Blood bowl: Legendary edition. That is 17 new games. Anyone with some time to donate?

i got a lot more than that...
some notables are
Sanctum which is a cool indie shooter/tower defense that it probably the closest to starcraft ghost (we will see as the main character looks like nova you basically are building turrets like in a starcraft defensive base and fighting many aliens who a bunch look pretty damn close to the different archtypes of zerg. damn fun game.

Hydrophobia is an awesome game to that is kind of a cross between tomb-raider, deus-ex, and bioshock if only for the water aspect. the water aspect doesn't just look amazing but allows for some sweet gameplay where you can drown enemies flood rooms and even shot under water. i don't think its going to be a very long game as i'm midway in the 2nd of 3 chapters and only a few hours in. good show though and the cover system is actually grand as well.

Fate of the world is a turn based strategy game that is quite impressive in its scope and much like our reality crushingly hard to achieve your goals.

by the way Assassin's Creed 2 Deluxe is $5 for the rest of the day on gamersgate

by the way Assassin's Creed 2 Deluxe is $5 for the rest of the day on gamersgate

I grabbed that even thought I hate the 'always on' DRM ... I bought it with the surplus of 'Blue Coins' I have accumulated ...

I was surprisingly conservative during the Steam sale. Although to be honest, I already have most of the games that would have interested me anyways. I ended up just buying the Oblivion Deluxe Edition, and Left 4 Dead 1&2.

It was hard to resist, but I passed on getting Two Worlds 2. I'd really rather have a boxed copy of that game.

Hi I'm Ghan, and I am happy to see that you are all far more addicted than I am, I only bought Torchlight. I was really tempted getting 2W2 and Magica, but given my existing backlog, decided to wait for the Xmas sale instead ;)

Hi I'm HiddenX and I bought Eschalon 1 & 2 and The Last Remnant during the last Steam-sale - I was tempted to buy the Guild Wars triology -
but … I …. could ….. resist.

For the compulsive collectors among you: To close things off, steam has some entirely ridiculous publisher packages on sale. E.g. the entire Paradox catalog (Including King ARthur, Magicka, Mount&Blade, Europa Universalis, etc.) for 75€ -"you save 585€". Also on: Valve and id packs.

I already own almost the entire paradox catalog (lacking cities in motion, east india company, Lead & gold, take command, Woody two-legs and pride of nations, but I own games that are not on that list, like their old CRPG Drakar & Demoner (Dragonfire outside of Sweden), Two Thrones & Svea Rike 3 (crown of the north outside of Sweden))

I was surprisingly conservative during the Steam sale. Although to be honest, I already have most of the games that would have interested me anyways. I ended up just buying the Oblivion Deluxe Edition, and Left 4 Dead 1&2.

Me too ... I only bought 9 games, including rebuying Eschalon 1 & 2 to have them on Steam for easy access anywhere. I was disappointed that The Path is PC-only on Steam ... but I have the Mac version separately.

But then again, I already have nearly 350 games on Steam ...
It was hard to resist, but I passed on getting Two Worlds 2. I'd really rather have a boxed copy of that game.

I like that they have it as Mac & PC, but I grabbed it on GamersGate during their big sale which was also a Mac/PC dual version - unlike Assassin's Creed 2, which made you dual-buy if you wanted both ...

I shy away from Steam, but it's getting harder and harder.
Such sweet deals...

I force myself to restrict me to GG and GOG.

Tw2 was tough to pass up, they also had Div2 in the early days of the sale, and it took all my str and fort to not get either. They will both be 9.99 by xmas, and that's about the time I may actually play them so it's all good.

I didnt do bad, bought a few titles between steam and D2D but almost everything was under ten bucks so I'm ok, under 50 bucks I guesstimate.

I look forward to your singleplayer review on that one.

I know they are designed for co op, but I have a blast with SP on the PC with them. Also got them both on X360 for my kids and they have a blast with friends ... they are just great fun games!

I played ca. 700 hours Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 online!
Cool game - but the single player campaign is only to get accustomed to the game.

Unfortunately these deals only apply to those unfortunates who are forced to live in the USA!! :) Those of us in the real world don't seem to get those opportunities!!

What does your "real world" refer to?? :lol: I think USA is awesome. Plus unlike some people from other countries, they do have a choice for where they want to live!

Back
Top Bottom