Fallout: New Vegas - Gold, Sys Reqs

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The Bethblog announces via their Pocast that Fallout: New Vegas has gone Gold:
As you may have heard in this week’s episode of The Bethesda Podcast, Fallout: New Vegas is officially finished and off to manufacturing. Congratulations to the team!
The system requirements are shown below in a chart form. Basically, it's a Dual Core 2Ghz and an nVidia 6xxx or Radeon 1300XT -- pretty low.
The Podcast itself is pretty interesting and is focused entirely on New Vegas. Among the things discussed in the 49 odd minutes is you reach the Vegas strip after about 50% of the story line - although it can be reached in 15 minutes - and reaching level 30 is quite an achievement.
Thanks to Melvil for also writing in about this.
More information.

I never played Fallout 3, but I enjoyed Obsidian's last effort, Alpha Protocol. I think in many people's eyes that if I enjoyed that, I could enjoy anything. Heh, I actually liked that game though.

I do enjoy third person games much better than FPS games, so I am hoping they are being honest when they say that the camera and targeting have been fixed to work properly in third person view.

System requirements

This is pretty good news. I was worried the specs would be ridiculous, but they're quite low.

That's why, as much as Bethesda's character design is the perfect example whenever one wants to explain the idea of the "uncanny valley," I'm glad Obsidian is using a relatively old engine for this one. For one it meant they were almost exclusively creating content rather than more thoroughly updating the engine.

And also it means that I won't have slowdowns that make real-time combat feel like I'm in an april-fools version of VATS while making VATS feel like my commands are being submitted and responded to through a play-by-email system.

I never played Fallout 3, but I enjoyed Obsidian's last effort, Alpha Protocol. I think in many people's eyes that if I enjoyed that, I could enjoy anything. Heh, I actually liked that game though.

I do enjoy third person games much better than FPS games, so I am hoping they are being honest when they say that the camera and targeting have been fixed to work properly in third person view.

If you never played FO3, then you are truly in for a nice treat! You will play tis game with fresh eyes. Im really looking forward to this one!

This can't come too soon, I am getting really tired of FO3, as much as I love it. I'm pretty sure there is no stone unturned in FO3 for me.. literally. :)

This can't come too soon, I am getting really tired of FO3, as much as I love it. I'm pretty sure there is no stone unturned in FO3 for me.. literally. :)

I'm only about 1/3 through FO3 right now, and I'm loving every second of it. I'll be buying FO:NV as soon as it's available, but I probably won't start it until a few weeks later.

Having not followed New Vegas since back when it was first announced I'd like to know if it's much different to Fallout 3 which I never really liked.

Having not followed New Vegas since back when it was first announced I'd like to know if it's much different to Fallout 3 which I never really liked.
If you didn't like FO3, you're probably not going to like New Vegas. The core game play remains the same, although Obsidian have done work to improve it (Such as correcting aiming in 3rd Person).

I would hazard a guess that the difference is on the level of Fallout 1 to Fallout 2, but I could be wrong.

Cheers.
10chars

The biggest difference is most likely the hardcore mode and the writing. The rest should be similar.

Back
Top Bottom