Mount&Blade - Warband Reviews #2

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Three more Mount & Blade: Warband reviews have popped up over the weekend. Altern8 is impressed, with a score of 8/10 in their very short article - although they haven't really tried multiplayer. ComputerGames.ro is similarly impressed, with a score of 85%. Finally, Out of Eight scores 5/8, saying multiplayer - the game's highlight - is a mixed bag. Here's a snip:
Mount & Blade: Warband is much better with an organized group of many people: most matches online devolve into a mess of horses running around, ranged units firing at nothing, and melee units turning around looking for targets. You are almost required to coordinate because of the high effectiveness of shields: you can simply hold down the “block” button and deflect most incoming shots. The only way to kill effectively is to double-team people from opposite sides. Traditional first person shooters get around mandatory teamwork by allowing individuals to successfully kill opponents (you are, of course, more effective by working together, though), but since you must work together in Mount & Blade: Warband, the game’s success depends on how well people are coordinated, and usually they are not. And if one side is coordinated and the other is not, expect quick slaughter. Mount & Blade: Warband can be entertaining if the matches are organized, but this is an uncommon occurrence in my experience.
More information.

I haven't played the multiplayer part (and don't intend to) but if it is like single player with shields you can't just sit there with your shield up blocking blows because your shield will eventually break doing that. You need to make sure you try to kill the enemy while blocking blows and try to go after other people with shields so you can try to replenish you shield supply.

I like war games and Mount&Blade Warband is one of my favourite game I like to saw games I dont like play them when my sister playing I am watching it, I am agree with guenthar . you provide great assistance to those whom have no knowledge even I am playing many time but I have no idea about it .

Back
Top Bottom