Precursors - White Gold - Released @ GamersGate

This is why I prefer nVidia over ATI. There just seems to be more games that have problems/glitches with ATI cards.

Question for those of you who are playing White Gold and also played Boiling Point. Is there any connection between those games regarding storyline or characters?

[QUOTELol, I already had that link open in another tab

They didn't fix the audio, nor the flickering without ruining the weather, sadly ): ][/QUOTE]

Sorry, I thought they said that pulling the language files, then using the Russian patch followed by putting the English files back fixed it
As far as the speech goes, we're kinda screwed

By the way does anyone know where the captain is that supposed to be at the docks in Precursers? I assumed docks meant where the Spacecraft and helicopters are

Last edited:
JDR, the 2 games are completely unrelated story-wise. They share a similar setting, factions & gameplay mechanics...that's pretty much it. You play a character named Saul Myers (in both games) but they are not the same people oddly enough.

redman if you mean captain Ridiger (?) on the first planet he is deeper into the town. But whoever you mean you can hit O and select that quest and it will place a flag on the map & mini-map to mark the quest target's location. Green flag = Story quest, Red flag = resource/side quest. The game doesn't play nice with widescreen resolutions (for me) and cuts off a little bit of the side of the mini-map/radar so you might have to turn around some to be able to see the flag on that map if it does the same for you.

No it's the guy Ridiger sends you to after you complete the first quest
I am getting the green x at Ridiger but not the red even if I click on the quest in the quest logs-He is supposed to be at the docks but I ran all over the spaceport looking for him
Lots of good stuff here also

http://board.deep-shadows.com/

Last edited:
In case anyone is still interested I was able to fix the sound just by running it in
Win Xp mode

Still wish it had spoken dialogue

what? Its still working for me

this made a big difference in Precursors also
n VIDEOOPTIONS.ini change these values to the following:

SMOOTHFPS=1
RENDERLAG=1
LIMITFPS=60
DISABLE_ROTATION_MOTION_BLUR=1

Last edited:
Odd. You're referring to White Gold, right? Made no difference for me. Also, I don't have the rotation line. What's up with that?

No it's the guy Ridiger sends you to after you complete the first quest
I am getting the green x at Ridiger but not the red even if I click on the quest in the quest logs-He is supposed to be at the docks but I ran all over the spaceport looking for him
Lots of good stuff here also

http://board.deep-shadows.com/

I think you have to jump in a shuttle(not your spaceship) and head to another planet now? If you walk through the bazzar into the docks area and walk straight ahead you'll walk right into the NPC you want. Then on your left is the shuttle. I think thats where you're at, anyway?

For people wanting more opinions on the game; its great. Theres a whole game there just in gameplay done on the planets. When you add in the space sim aspect this games in a league of its own, really.

I also get sound issues and would love to know of a work around. (win xp, onboard "realtek hd")

Its for Precursors. You have to run the game once to create the video.ini file in your document file
then make the changes in there not the the video.ini file in the game file

I did find the guy with the mission and once I get to where he sent me, its nice there are branching mission lines

Xp users are able to turn off sound acceleration which I used before I found the ini tweak

I wouldnt get my hopes up for any more patches for these games.

I intend to continue my Unofficial Patches which are working for the English versions as well as they did for the Russian ones :)!

I intend to continue my Unofficial Patches which are working for the English versions as well as they did for the Russian ones !

Wesp, I am wondering if your patches include any fixes at all; I had a crash on the second planet where you meet with the democrat leader and if your patch works wuith the gamersgate version

Wesp's patches are "merely" translation patches...not actual bug patches. I doubt anything his patches do could cause a crash (but I could be wrong).

The only bug fix type patches are the official ones (1.1 for both games). Apparently the gamersgate version is 1.0 (unpatched) which is completely lazy and idiotic of whoever supplied them with the games. Oh, and the 1.1 patches only work on the russian version of the games.

I read somewhere that there is a way to unpack the official patches and apply them manually to the gamersgate versions of the games but since I have the russian versions I have no idea if this works (and can't remember where I read how to do it).

I doubt anything his patches do could cause a crash (but I could be wrong).
I haven't used his patch yet- this is with the gamersgate version I downloaded

Wesp's patches are "merely" translation patches…not actual bug patches.

He said his patches work for the English versions as well as the Russian versions. That made me think that there must be something more in them because what would be the sense of using a English translation patch on a version that is already translated

It depends on how good the gamersgate version's translation is. If it's badly done then you'd probably want to upgrade with his files. I think he has also tweaked/trimmed out some dialog that refers to missions/npcs that were left out or unfinished by the developers. I'm not sure how much of that there was though.

Wesp's patches are "merely" translation patches…not actual bug patches. I doubt anything his patches do could cause a crash (but I could be wrong).

You are right about your second statement, my patches don't touch the executables so they shouldn't be the reason of crashes. You're wrong about your first assumption though, during testing the translation I already fixed some HUD bugs concerning perks and addictions, as well as mission orientated bugs like broken quests or transactions and rewards not working. I intend to continue doing so...

Back
Top Bottom