FIVE: Guardians of David - Release in November 2015

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The release of the historical action RPG FIVE: Guardians of David has been announced for November 2015 by Kingdom Games:

Trailer:

FIVE is our first title, a PC-only video game based on the story of King David, coming to Steam this November. FIVE is an action-RPG rooted in the ancient biblical narrative, and it gives an accurate historical and scriptural account of the five bodyguards of King David. Players are put in direct control of five heroes as they battle the traditional enemies, AND it will be awesome fun to play.
More information.

Last edited:
The bible has a lot of interesting stories, which could make the basis of a good game, but executing it right seems like a difficult task. I think that's why its been traditionally avoided.

I'd rather play a game based on Solomon. 300 wives and 700 concubines! :biggrin:

There was an excellent d20 supplement called Testament from Green Ronin. It added features of Israel and the nations around them, including the ancient Canaanites. Instead of alignment your character had a role playing stat called "flaw". The game recommended that DM's set their campaigns during the time of the Judges as it had the most flexibility. It had such dynamics as fighting 400 Phonecians with nothing to arm yourself but the jawbone of an ass, and an angel visiting the players telling them "I love you", when of course it was seeking whom it could devour.

I made a PW for NWN based on it around the time of Joshua; but NWN was so late in the game at that point that it didn't get a chance to grow legs. I got a lot of "interestings" though from the people that popped in. I ended up using the system I developed to replace the HCR in the Wheel of Time mod when I hosted that again.

So, the setting can actually work really well. I wonder if in this game the player can get an opportunity to cut King Saul's head off to award it as a trophy to David.

Back
Top Bottom