Sacred 3 - Interview @ Gamingbolt

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Gamingbolt took the time to interview Deep Silver's Creative Producer Sebastian Reichert to ask a few questions about their new ARPG Sacred 3.
Rashid Sayed: Customization is a big part of any role playing game. Sacred 2 featured a wide variety of options for equipment and weapons types. What kind of customization options will have the player have in Sacred 3?

Sebastian Reichert: First of all, Sacred 3 at its core is an action game. A lot of classic RPG elements have been removed or simplified to ensure a fluid multiplayer experience. Of course, we still like our customization that is synonymous with our gameplay. We offer armor and weapon upgrades but our focus is on the Combat Arts. The players have to decide which ones to take along for a quest. And this choice will change their experience completely. There are even differences within the Combat Arts. The Stomp of the Safiri, can be focused point damage or can be used as huge area effect with DoT-capabilities.

Rashid Sayed: Why is Sacred making a comeback after almost six years?

Sebastian Reichert: Because it is an awesome world. And we think it deserves another title; one that shifts the gameplay but stays in the same storyline.

Rashid Sayed: Lastly, there has been some criticism on the latest gameplay trailer. Some fans think the visual design is too cartoonish at the moment. What are your thoughts on this?

Sebastian Reichert: The design has become a little bit more cartoonish, but as we continue to focus on the rich lore of Ancaria, we will also present comic style cutscenes at the introduction for each Main Quest.
More information.

Last edited:
This interview is the final nail in the coffin for the game. I now have no interest in the game as it has nothing to do with previous two games.

All is not lost though as we have the ARPG Unbended from former Sacred developers from Ascaron. So be sure to back their future kickstarter.

Last edited:
I was thinking if it was a joke interview lol

I was thinking if it was a joke interview lol
No I'm afraid it's not a joke, but I wish the game was.
First of all, Sacred 3 at its core is an action game. A lot of classic RPG elements have been removed or simplified to ensure a fluid multiplayer experience.
After reading that part I knew the game wasn't for me.

Since Diablo 1, Sacred Plus (or was it Gold ?) has been the only ARPG I finished but I never bothered trying Sacred 2. Maybe I'll give it a try one of these days ? I probably won't do that for Sacred 3 after reading what they've planned for it.

Wait, Sacred 3 is MMO?
No the game was developed to play as a Co-Op Hack ‘n’ Slash game with multiplayer.
Sacred 3 features classic arcade Hack ‘n’ Slash action centered around drop in, drop out cooperative multiplayer for both offline (2 players) and online (4 players) play. The game brings back fan-favorite characters such as the Seraphim, Ancarian, Khukuhru and the Safiri, as well as introduces a new character, Malakhim. Each character class features its own unique skills and weapons which can be upgraded to match the player’s very own combat style. As they master the art of war, players will fight their way through enemy hordes and try to outshine their fellow companions on their way to become the greatest hero of all. The inclusion of mission stats and online leaderboards will continue to drive competition both locally and online. Victory Is Ours. Glory is Mine.

The Sacred series is one of my favorites and I still play them both once in a while. I will not touch this train wreck of a game at all. It doesn't interest me in the least and hasn't since they announced the direction they were taking with this.

First of all, Sacred 3 at its core is an action game. A lot of classic RPG elements have been removed or simplified to ensure a fluid multiplayer experience.

Well, big publishers have been trying to hide this fact for years. So we can also say that finally one producer said it openly. :)

I think that Risen 3 will be more or less similar story - blend of action game (to target mainstream gamer) and some RPG elements (for remaining Gothic/Risen fans). Its also published by Deep Silver.

What he is describing sounds like the terrible Dungeon Siege 3. A shame really, the previous Sacred games were boss.

Perry Rhodan was also published by DS, does it mean Risen 3 will be an adventure game?
Deep Silver never stated anywhere like EA did that their next games must have a mandatory multiplayer part. Luckily, SimCity debacle cut EA's wings and Deep Silver would be fools if they repeat EA's mistake.

Trust me, Risen 3 won't have any kind of multiplayer stench inside nor will sacrifice RPGness just for the sakes of gameplay.

At least he is honest than other PR guys out there.

I guess I give him credit for being honest, but his answers make me have almost no interest in this game. Developers need to learn that games being deep and complicated from an RPG standpoint as long as the UI is approachable makes the game better and increases sales. Look at the success of POE as an example.

Such a shame as the first Sacred is one of the best ARPGs I've played. Save us, Unbended - you're our only hope!

Back
Top Bottom